Weymouth High School is an above average, public school located in Weymouth, MA. It has 1,900 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
Weymouth High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B204 Students
- A197 Students
- C+140 Students
- A+129 Students
- A+102 Students
- B93 Students
- B92 Students
- A+86 Students
- A-77 Students
- B+75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Weymouth High School
- B-Saugus High School
- Saugus Public Schools, MA
- 112 reviews
- B-Abington High School
- Abington Public Schools, MA
- 22 reviews
- B+Stoughton High School
- Stoughton Public Schools, MA
- 109 reviews
- BWhitman Hanson Regional High School
- Whitman-Hanson Regional School District, MA
- 100 reviews
Weymouth High School Reviews
I think students deserve more trust and freedom, seeing as we are in high school. We also deserve more respect than what we are given, and to be more prepared for college. I think whs needs a college/real world readiness class and this should be taken in place of the “Capstone” class because it doesn't do anything but stress students more than they should be during the “best year” of their high school career. By replacing this class, seniors will be better prepared for the real world, and not as stressed about a year long project that we have to cram into our already busy schedules- especially with students who have jobs, internships, sports, clubs, volunteering, babysitting, family to care for, and the homework given from each teacher everyday that we already have to worry about.
I have enjoyed my experience at Weymouth High school. Over the past four years, I have seen many changes, all positive, here at WHS. A new Principal helped bring our school community closer together. He encouraged students to participate more and support each other through clubs and sports. The teachers here always give extra, to help all students succeed. I have always struggled with my academics and all my teachers were always there going above and beyond to make sure I got the most out of each class. My junior year the school brought in a new head football coach and coaching staff. This change created a new and positive sports environment and team participation and retention increased. My experiences here at WHS have helped prepare me for my next four years in college.
I really loved Weymouth High it was a great experience, great staff, and great students. The staff helped me in so many ways to overcome hardships in my personal life that effected my school work. The guidance department was great in helping m prepare for college. My teachers were amazing and always there for their students. I could tell that my teachers really cared about me. I took great classes that were unique and diverse to everyones interests. You always had a class at Weymouth high that you truly enjoyed. As I am getting ready for college I thank my teachers, guidance councilors and deans at WHS so very much.