Weymouth High School is an above average, public school located in Weymouth, MA. It has 1,947 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Weymouth High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A147 Students
- B+140 Students
- C+99 Students
- A+92 Students
- A+87 Students
- B67 Students
- A+63 Students
- B-63 Students
- B-59 Students
- B+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Weymouth High School
- C+Saugus High School
- Saugus Public Schools, MA
- 106 reviews
- B-Abington High School
- Abington Public Schools, MA
- 20 reviews
- BStoughton High School
- Stoughton Public Schools, MA
- 94 reviews
- BWhitman Hanson Regional High School
- Whitman-Hanson Regional School District, MA
- 96 reviews
Weymouth High School Reviews
Weymouth High School crafted me into the dedicated, growth-driven student I am today. Classes are available on a broad range of subjects, with variety in difficulty level, allowing students to persue any interests they have. There is a CTE Program offered, too, which allows students to test and get involved in their career from grade nine. I was involved with this for one year and the career-tests involved with it revealed to me my true interest: writing. From here I was able to take difficult classes, from AP English courses to writing electives, and, with the help of passionate teachers, I began to persue a career in Journalism. All the while, I was involved in a variety of clubs and participated in many school activities which made my years some to remember. Granted, Weymouth High School is a large school and there are many opportunities for improvement, but with so much enthusiasm, choice and care within the school, students are likely to leave ready to take on the world.
Weymouth high school has gotten a bad reputation in the past. This school and this town are both very diverse. Diversities and differences in opinion can often result in tension and aggression. So yes Weymouth high did have its fair share of students fighting in the hallway and the cafeteria and students acting out aggressively toward teachers. But WHS also had amazing teachers who not only taught classes but life lessons. I had one teacher go out of his way to spend a decent amount of his time just teaching students how to study and be effective students. We had great sports teams and a few pretty decent clubs. Weymouth high is a place where whether you think you’re going to do well or you think you’re going to fail you’re right. The amazing thing is, when you fail there is always a teacher there to ask you why you failed and to help you succeed. The classes I would reccommend would be psychology and sociology, legal studies and civic and cultural literacy
Weymouth High School is a good school. I have had some amazing teachers that taught me things that will benefit me through my academic career. Some teachers are not as strong as others. Also, Weymouth High has lots of fights. I took higher level classes at Weymouth High so this might explain why my academic experience may be better than others. Teachers such as Mrs. Galusha, Mr. Galusha, Mr. Pappas, and Dr. Waggener are incredible teachers.