Wetumpka High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A105 Students
- B-104 Students
- B100 Students
- A93 Students
- A65 Students
- B41 Students
- C28 Students
- A-26 Students
- C+19 Students
- A-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Wetumpka High School Reviews
Review Wetumpka High School
Wetumpka High School will always hold a special place in my heart- not a great place, but still special. I was homeschooled for eight years before going to WHS and let me tell you, I was shell shocked. The atmosphere of public high school is so drastically different from that of any other place on earth. It is definitely an acquired taste. I had some absolutely great teachers at Wetumpka (and a few not so great). They are truly what made learning a passion rather than a necessity and I am forever grateful for that. Everyone at this school not a genius, but if you are looking for a quality education, the AP curriculum is pretty great. I have entered college beyond prepared to write essays and utilize critical thinking techniques all because of my AP Lit and English teachers. I hope to see the students today take full advantage of what the school has to offer. Go Indians!
Wetumpka is a wonderful school with many wonderful people. It does however have several pros and cons to it. The AP teachers are absolutely amazing and truly try to go into detail with everything. Several other teachers are quite excellent as well, but there are many who fail to aid their students in the classroom. The school does not continuously think of their students' safety as for the three years I have attended Wetumpka High School so far, the girls bathrooms have not had locks on the doors. Positives to the school however can be found in the extracurriculars and sports. The theatre program is truly amazing, as well as the growing music program. If cheer, football, or dance are your liking, Wetumpka is right for you. Wetumpka could be built more and run more efficiently, but for now i'm still proud to be an Indian.
There are a plenty of extra-curricular activities and sports for students to be a part of. Teachers are well educated and have more than prepared me for college. The advanced and AP classes have challenged me to do my personal best. Safety is no concern because we always have a police officer on campus in case of emergency. The administration tries to do their best to help the school overall, but sometimes they seem to not completely interact with the students as the young adults they are being taught to become. I believe there needs to be more of a mutual respect. They are, in my opinion, concerned with extraneous issues such as parking and dress code rather than bigger ones such as academics and behavior. As far as facilities are concerned, one set of girls bathrooms do not have locks on them and there always seems to be a shortage of toilet paper, soap, or paper towels. We have resources such as Smart boards and computer labs, but a lot of it is outdated and doesn't run properly.