Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Wethersfield Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Kewanee, IL. It has 245 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Wethersfield Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+15 Students
- B-14 Students
- B14 Students
- A14 Students
- B+13 Students
- B12 Students
- B11 Students
- B-9 Students
- B+9 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Wethersfield Junior/Senior High School
- B-Kewanee High School
- Kewanee Community Unit School District No. 229, IL
- 32 reviews
- BStark County High School
- Stark County Community Unit School District No. 100, IL
- 33 reviews
- B-Galva Junior/Senior High School
- Galva Community Unit School District No. 224, IL
- 21 reviews
- B-Cambridge Junior/Senior High School
- Cambridge Community Unit School District No. 227, IL
- 7 reviews
Wethersfield Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I like how involved the community is with the school. Almost everything at Wethersfield High School feels safe and like home. I've gone to this school my whole life, so I may have a bias opinion, but I think most concepts are exceptional. I think this school should incorporate better food choices for the students. I also believe everyone in the school should focus more on the academics than the athletics. Sports are very important to many at Wethersfield High School, maybe even too important. I believe if they toned it down on the sports, students would try to focus more on their academics.
For such a small school, WHS athletic facilities are very well-kept and serviceable. Our teams are hard-working with many successes. Our football stadium/track and field is one of the best in the area. With a small student population in general, many students are athletes, but the non-athletic students or other athletic teams show up to support their peers. Many band kids help out with Track and Field meets and football boys support basketball boys and girls and vice versa. With organization and planning, we can rally the students with plenty of school spirit and our fan section is respectful. Our teams are also known for their sportsmanship. There is plenty of administrator, faculty, and parent support for our athletics.
Since we are a small community, not much happens that the whole school doesn't find out in a matter of minutes. Our administrators and teachers have great connections with the students and culprits can easily be found out. Bullying is handled as best as possible and promptly. Rarely does bullying end up in the principal's or superintendent's offices since the teachers are pretty good at putting an end to it. Our guidance counselor is a great person to talk to and her office is a safe haven for those who need to get away. There are also several teachers' rooms that are designated safe havens as well as the library for students to retreat to to relax. Our campus is conveniently positioned within walking distance of many restaurants and junior high and high school kids can go off-campus for lunch if they are eligible (meaning they have kept up their grades and don't have any suspensions or detentions). If students break the rules of going off-campus, privileges are often suspended for a long period of time. Not much happens that faculty and staff do not find out and they act according to the transgression.