Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Wethersfield High School is an above average, public school located in Wethersfield, CT. It has 1,139 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Wethersfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A327 Students
- grade B minus181 Students
- grade B minus110 Students
- grade B108 Students
- grade B minus99 Students
- grade B91 Students
- grade B81 Students
- grade A+75 Students
- grade A70 Students
- grade B55 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 49 responses
- Sport Events43%
- Pep Rallies16%
- And the two plays they have every year12%
- School Dances10%
- Band Competitions6%
- Spirit Week4%
- dance team activities2%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$22,820 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 42 responses
Schools like Wethersfield High School
- grade B+Newington High School
- Newington School District, CT
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 209 reviews
- grade CBloomfield High School
- Bloomfield School District, CT
- Rating 3.3 out of 5 139 reviews
- grade BWolcott High School
- Wolcott School District, CT
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 161 reviews
- grade B+Bristol Central High School
- Bristol School District, CT
- Rating 4.16 out of 5 163 reviews
Wethersfield High School Reviews
Rating 3.71 out of 5 207 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
As an LGBTQ+ who attended WHS I experienced immense support from the staff and community! This high school does an amazing job making sure every student feels included and welcomed in every setting! They are also very on top of bullying and take such matters very seriously. The only thing I believe this school could work on is bettering their high school experience for the students, it feels like the arts and events aren't as prioritized as academics.
Wethersfield High School is a good school with a good range of classes with different levels for all students. There are a number of clubs and sports and good coaches and mentors. Another area this school has is a good music and arts program with band, orchestra, the fall play and spring musical run by teachers and students together. Teachers are ready to help all the time with after school hours and fast email replies. Teachers are willing to work around sport practices to make sure athletes understand the material, putting the student first in student athletes. Administration isn't the best but getting better. Other aids such as paras and guidance councilors are really good and willing to help everyone no matter the problem. They were super helpful when determining what college to attend and making sure students stayed in top of the process. What needs to improve is the diversity of the school. The school consists of mostly white kids from the area and only a few minorities.
Wethersfield High School is an amazing school, they have a wide range of academics, electives, athletics and extracurriculars. The staff and students are amazing!