Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Wethersfield High School is an above average, public school located in Wethersfield, CT. It has 1,139 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Wethersfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A293 Students
- B-151 Students
- B97 Students
- B-95 Students
- B-89 Students
- B-85 Students
- B75 Students
- A+63 Students
- A61 Students
- B-50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Wethersfield High School
- B+Newington High School
- Newington School District, CT
- 200 reviews
- C+Bloomfield High School
- Bloomfield School District, CT
- 134 reviews
- B+Wolcott High School
- Wolcott School District, CT
- 156 reviews
- B+Bristol Central High School
- Bristol School District, CT
- 154 reviews
Wethersfield High School Reviews
I really enjoy Wethersfield High School. Overall, the quality of education is very good, and the teachers are generally friendly. The teachers that I have had are understanding and willing to work with their students to help them learn and understand the material. I've never had an issue with the administration personally. There are opportunities for students to challenge themselves in classes that are more difficult, like honors classes, AP classes, and even dual enrollment classes with UConn. The building itself was recently renovated and it creates an environment which is comfortable and eases the learning process for students. While I'm not in a bunch of clubs, the ones I am in mean a lot to me, so I invest a lot of time into the clubs and their activities. The advisors are great people. I will miss this school once I graduate.
Wethersfield is an overall good school. The students and teachers there are very friendly. I give it a three star rating because there is a lot of drug and Juul users in my school, and at this point more than half of the school uses drugs. We have had 2 fights this year so far and the quarter hasn't even ended. Education is really good, students are overall dedicated in their work. Wethersfield has a lot of clubs and activities that a lot of students participate in and enjoy.
I am a Senior in WHS and I grew up in Wethersfield my whole life so I may be a little bias but the teachers are great, the environment is great, the security is amazing. I feel safe every day I walk in and out of school. When I hate late night games, I never fear for my safety and being close to a city, I know sometimes that is a concern for my parents, but that has never once been an issue. Now, as I am reaching the end of my Senior Year, although I feel nervous about leaving, I feel real for my future.