Westwood High School is a top rated, public school located in Westwood, MA. It has 999 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Westwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A153 Students
- A+127 Students
- A+112 Students
- A+111 Students
- A+61 Students
- A58 Students
- A-57 Students
- A-53 Students
- A+49 Students
- A-49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 58 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Westwood High School
- A+Dover-Sherborn Regional High School
- Dover-Sherborn Regional School District, MA
- 63 reviews
- A+Medfield Senior High School
- Medfield Public Schools, MA
- 90 reviews
- A+Hopkinton High School
- Hopkinton Public Schools, MA
- 181 reviews
- A+Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School
- Public School
- Sudbury, MA
- 243 reviews
Westwood High School Reviews
Westwood High School is a great school that is a strong supporter of academics and activities. The building is modern and students are equipped with proper technology devices and secure wireless access to the internet. Since it is a smaller school, it isn't able to offer all of the classes that students wish to take due to small class sizes; however, there are still many options available. The library is a wonderful space to work in, but recent programs aimed at reducing the traffic within it during certain periods is deterring students who need to complete work.
I went to Westwood as a METCO student. I always felt included and felt like I belonged although I did not live in the town of Westwood. I feel my teachers pushed me harder than any teachers I ever had in my academic career before I attended Westwood. When I go back to visit my teachers, they are extremely proud of how far I have come and are still pushing me to go beyond the goals I have set for myself. My METCO director was one of my biggest advocates as well, she taught me how to communicate with my teachers and other faculty. My cheerleading coach always made sure that I was able to attend practices and sports events. My peers were more than helpful and generous to extend their homes to me so I wouldn't have to go back home after late practices or after school study or projects that I needed to get done. I always say I do not know how strong of an individual I would be academically if I did not attend Westwood High School
My WHS experience has been excellent. I often feel as though I am still a freshman, looking at the school through rose-colored glasses, admiring its quality resources (its large library, multiple studying areas, and recreation centers) and feeling secure inside its walls. From university visits it is clear WHS is an efficient preparatory school. The advanced courses have discussed themes so relevant to society I am assured that WHS will be important all my life. WHS perhaps lacks diversity and diverse perspectives; however, in the past few years I have noticed a direct effort to diversify its environment through ongoing presentations called Courageous Conversations, which I attended, that invite guests to address formerly difficult subjects, such as anxiety, depression, and LGBT rights, all of which are highly important to me. Overall, based on my views of both Westwood and other school districts, I would rate WHS among the best quality high schools in the state.