Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Westwood High School is a top rated, public school located in Westwood, MA. It has 1,009 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Westwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A206 Students
- A+160 Students
- A+156 Students
- A+144 Students
- A+76 Students
- A74 Students
- A+72 Students
- A-71 Students
- A-69 Students
- B+66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Westwood High School
- A+Dover-Sherborn Regional High School
- Dover-Sherborn Regional School District, MA
- 76 reviews
- A+Medfield Senior High School
- Medfield Public Schools, MA
- 96 reviews
- A+Hopkinton High School
- Hopkinton Public Schools, MA
- 200 reviews
- A+Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School
- Public School
- Sudbury, MA
- 262 reviews
Westwood High School Reviews
Academically, Westwood High School is great, but the social aspect isn't, students are very cliquey. The school is great with support for students with mental illnesses and well-known diseases, but if you have a rarer illness or an invisible physical illness, it's hard to get support. Great teachers!
Students are challenged in higher-level classes, and teachers genuinely care about the well being of their students. The administration however does not take into account student input regarding new policies and changes. I honestly wish they would have prepared students better for life after high school, getting them ready for college-level work earlier.
The teachers and staff are all so understanding and passionate about helping their students succeed. There is such a great diversity in the type/style of classes, whether it be arts or labs or theater; there are so many options. There's also a great support system for students who might be struggling with school work or family issues or time management. Many students take advantage of the great sports and clubs offered.