Westwood High School
- PALESTINE, TX
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Westwood High School is an above average, public school located in PALESTINE, TX. It has 441 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Westwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B64 Students
- grade A+63 Students
- grade A+46 Students
- grade C41 Students
- grade B40 Students
- grade B39 Students
- grade A34 Students
- grade B+29 Students
- grade C29 Students
- grade A minus22 Students
View Homes Near Westwood High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responses
- Bonfire, blacklight pep rally35%
- Meet you at the pole (FCA & student body)15%
- Band Karaoke Night5%
- IB ball5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,410 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Schools like Westwood High School
- grade B+Palestine High School
- Palestine Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 81 reviews
- grade B+Elkhart High School
- Elkhart Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.83 out of 5 48 reviews
- grade A minusNeches High School
- Neches Independent School District, TX
- Rating 4.3 out of 5 10 reviews
- grade B minusSlocum High School
- Slocum Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 13 reviews
Westwood High School Reviews
Rating 3.83 out of 5 75 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I am currently a 12th grade senior at Westwood High School, and honestly I just wanted to say how the teachers really changed my life around. The teachers at this school are very supportive and they work hard to get to know each student to create a relationship with those who are willing to form one. I was always willing, the teachers that I have formed a Special bond with Have pushed me toward going to college and getting a degree, to explore my options , and pushed me to get into clubs to be more involved. Teachers at Westwood are all for the students and they want what’s best for us.
It is a great school, but they do not have great teacher retention. Westwood is not very good at any sports, and yet that is still the main focus. The band has surpassed and now has the funding to show, but the theater program is heavily underfunded and doesn't even have a proper stage.
My high school experience was very very good for me, I learned so much about myself and I met some life long friends. I learned that not everybody that comes into your life is going to stay and that is okay. I had some of the most amazing teachers that were truly there for me and that I knew cared so much about me. I also got to play for some of the best coaches I have ever got to play for and I had a second family from playing my sports that I know will always be there for me and that I can count on.