Westwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+554 Students
- A+268 Students
- A-196 Students
- B+168 Students
- A+165 Students
- A-145 Students
- A121 Students
- A+96 Students
- A-94 Students
- B+86 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.45 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.45 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.69 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.71 responses
Westwood High School Reviews
Review Westwood High School
Westwood couldn't have prepared me more for college. I've had friends at the University of Texas from other high schools, and none of them remembered having to study too hard in high school. So, was Westwood challenging? Absolutely. But the teachers put great effort into teaching their students the best study methods, the best note-taking methods, and, not to mention, they'd go out of their way to help a student understand if they're confused on a certain topic. Westwood's staff is very dedicated in preparing the student for college, and that never got in the way of the social life! Pep-rallies, exciting football and basketball games, competitive marathons, theater clubs, dance practice, the list is endless. No matter what kind of person you are, you're bound to make friends and more likely than not, great grades.
I think Westwood is a very competitive school, but it is this very competitive spirit that enables us to push forward, and that prepares us for college. The classes are interesting and the teachers do an amazing job of preparing students for AP tests. The atmosphere at Westwood is friendly, with people from many different backgrounds, the there are a plenitude of resources available to students at all times and about countless subjects!
Westwood High School is a great school for competitive high school students wanting to improve their knowledge and academia as much as possible. There is no bullying in the halls, and the teachers are very supportive, eager to help students accomplish anything, from starting clubs to helping with homework. Unfortunately, the competition will often drive away the students that are not furiously driving to pursue academics, or students that dislike competition. Westwood's small campus is fairly hard to maneuver, and because it is landlocked by apartments, the school has nowhere to expand to. Leaving school after the bell can be a nightmare for anyone driving home. A district bond was planning on changing the issue of space for Westwood, but the bond was not put into action after the popular vote was mainly against it (for other reasons). Besides these 2 minor tasks, the school definitely gets an up-vote from me for all of the outstanding accomplishments the students here can achieve.