Westview Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Topeka, IN. It has 791 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Westview Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+37 Students
- A37 Students
- A+34 Students
- B-32 Students
- B-27 Students
- B+25 Students
- B20 Students
- B17 Students
- A-15 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Westview Junior/Senior High School
- B+Fairfield Junior/Senior High School
- Fairfield Community Schools, IN
- 116 reviews
- BNorthridge High School
- Middlebury Community Schools, IN
- 357 reviews
- C+Central Noble Jr.-Sr. High School
- Central Noble Community School Corporation, IN
- 69 reviews
- B-Constantine High School
- Constantine Public School District, MI
- 56 reviews
Westview Junior/Senior High School Reviews
My experience at Westview Junior/Senior High School was very positive. The school focuses on a tight-knit community that allows for students to make connections with their teachers and their peers. The classes are challenging and stimulating, especially the advanced math, science, and English courses. Some of our sports teams are among the best in the state; our cross country team won third place in the state competition this year and our basketball team is very regionally competitive. Our music and art programs are also very good, and we continue to win awards in the yearly Scholastic art competition. All of this is because Westview teachers challenge their students to be the best they can be, and it produces students that are performing at the top of their abilities. I enjoyed my time at Westview, and made many friends that I will want to stay in contact with after graduation.
The environment is very welcoming and the students who attend have a level of respect unlike any high school in the areas. You can tell the teachers care about the success of their students and want to make sure every individual understands what is being taught, they don't just teach and dish out scores. The school has a remarkable art program that I have been blessed with the opportunity to participate in. The school also allows you to be involved in sports, art, and music, without trying to direct you towards one thing only. I would love to see the school continue to develop and grow, and not fall short in some areas due to budget cuts.
My experience at Westview Jr/Sr High School has been great. I first moved to this school my 8th grade year. I felt immediately welcomed. Everyone was very friendly and sociable. The wnviornment is very vivid and exciting. I have created great relationships with my current friends and teacher. If i could change anything it would be that we have a low diversity rate.