Westview High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-281 Students
- A203 Students
- A+196 Students
- A+152 Students
- A144 Students
- A143 Students
- A+141 Students
- A127 Students
- A+116 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.49 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.49 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 113 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.74 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.82 responses
Westview High School Reviews
Review Westview High School
Westview is a very highly competitive high school with mostly upper-middle class Asian and white students. With its four-by-four schedule and many AP classes, it is clearly geared towards college readiness and higher education. The teachers that teach AP's are of much higher quality than in regular classes, in general. Most students here concentrate on AP Exams and extracurriculars, all for the sake of college applications. If you are looking for a school that will put pressure on you to study hard and to get ready for college, this is the place to go!
I like the environment, people, and academic offerings! I love how I can be successful and the environment pushes me to succeed. The food is ok. I like the attitudes of the teachers and how they are always helpful. The school could improve on offering more medium level classes instead of easy and AP courses! The school could also push the SAT more on students!
I came into Westview as a new student my senior year-- I've had my fair share of being the new kid-- and yet when I came to Westview, I felt an overwhelming sense of belonging. Westview knows how to get results. It is ranked well, academically driven, and is super college focused. This is great, but it comes with repercussions. So many students based their self-worth on scores, to the point of depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders. I wish Westview reminded their students that school is an opportunity. It is a gateway to help explore the possibilities as an innovative and creative human, like an instrument to navigate our lives through. It is not your identity, rather it is a tool to shape your identity. It is apparent that Westview truly cares about its students, but it troubles me to see so many students forget that not having the perfect grades or scores means that they are not enough. It isn't necessarily always about education, but about learning.