Westview High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-239 Students
- A+160 Students
- A156 Students
- A127 Students
- A+121 Students
- A+119 Students
- A118 Students
- A103 Students
- A+99 Students
- A+90 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.49 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.49 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 113 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.74 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.82 responses
Westview High School Reviews
Review Westview High School
I like the environment, people, and academic offerings! I love how I can be successful and the environment pushes me to succeed. The food is ok. I like the attitudes of the teachers and how they are always helpful. The school could improve on offering more medium level classes instead of easy and AP courses! The school could also push the SAT more on students!
I came into Westview as a new student my senior year-- I've had my fair share of being the new kid-- and yet when I came to Westview, I felt an overwhelming sense of belonging. Westview knows how to get results. It is ranked well, academically driven, and is super college focused. This is great, but it comes with repercussions. So many students based their self-worth on scores, to the point of depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders. I wish Westview reminded their students that school is an opportunity. It is a gateway to help explore the possibilities as an innovative and creative human, like an instrument to navigate our lives through. It is not your identity, rather it is a tool to shape your identity. It is apparent that Westview truly cares about its students, but it troubles me to see so many students forget that not having the perfect grades or scores means that they are not enough. It isn't necessarily always about education, but about learning.
There is a large variety of clubs. For academic competition, culture appreciation, arts(origami, art, anime, etc.), and volunteering(Key Club and many tutoring organizations), there are at least a couple different clubs. There is also very strong participation in many things from Band to NJROTC to Robotics; things that we are told look good on college apps. Commitment varies greatly from activity to activity and person to person; I am extremely committed to my tutoring club for example, but I can skate by barely participating in Cyber Security. The administration is very supportive of clubs, though starting a new club is sometimes a hassle since there are already so many clubs. My favorite clubs(that I'm not necessarily in) include Nerdfighters(for nerd culture appreciation), Humanities and Writing Center(tutoring), and the art clubs, which held their first annual art festival this year.