Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Westside High School is a public school located in Macon, GA. It has 1,161 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Westside High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B137 Students
- B+128 Students
- A+115 Students
- B-106 Students
- C94 Students
- C+90 Students
- B+82 Students
- B-77 Students
- B60 Students
- C+57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Westside High School Reviews
My experience at Westside High has been a real eye-opener. From the school's online demographics, to my real life experiences, I've learned the true weight that self-teaching holds in my life. My mothers always told me that the world isn't just Bibb County, and I couldn't agree more. The school overall isn't bad, but everyone here doesn't understand the full weight of knowledge. Most of the students settle on being mediocre, and doing the bare minimum. As a student who prides themselves in doing the absolute best, I wish my peers would feel the same. The best thing that Westside could do now is revamp the learning style, and push students to be the abasolute very best they can be.
Being a student at Westside for the Fall 2015 to the Spring 2019 semesters I had an overall okay experience. The faculty and staff at this school are very dedicated to having students be prepared to their future careers and goals, and they push each and every student to do their best. There is technology based education along with face to face instruction which is a nice touch to having a more technological based society. Being a student here I was able to take the courses necessary to graduate and all students are given the opportunity to enroll in Dual Enrollment in order to take a course for college credit. There are also opportunities available for students to be in AP classes in which they can take the AP exam at the end of the course for an opportunity to get college credit for that class if they reach the required score. Westside High School is overall a well developed school with dedicated faculty and staff and I am proud to have graduated from this school.
I love my school. Once a Seminole, always a Seminole. I have attended Westside for all four years, although i did go to another high school for about 4 months one year, it was nothing like being at Westside. The makes you feel like a family. Every family argues, which is normal but at the end of the day we still have each others back. Thats is Westside, my family.