Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Westside High School is an above average, public school located in Jonesboro, AR. It has 668 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Westside High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B209 Students
- grade A minus101 Students
- grade B74 Students
- grade B minus62 Students
- grade B+46 Students
- grade B45 Students
- grade B minus31 Students
- grade C+31 Students
- grade B30 Students
- grade B minus27 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responses
- Football/Basketball Games25%
- Food drive19%
- Baseball Games6%
- Cheer Competitions6%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,609 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Schools like Westside High School
- grade B minusHoxie High School
- Hoxie School District, AR
- Rating 4.08 out of 5 40 reviews
- grade B+Brookland High School
- Brookland School District, AR
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 57 reviews
- grade C+Bay High School
- Bay School District, AR
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 16 reviews
- grade BWalnut Ridge High School
- Lawrence County School District, AR
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 15 reviews
Westside High School Reviews
Rating 3.87 out of 5 71 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Love the homey atmosphere! Everyone knows everyone and all teachers are excellent! I started at Westside High School my ninth grade year and I was immediately welcomed by the student and staff. My academics show how great my teachers were. I will say that some of these teachers should be recognized by the state for being such kind and caring people who care so much about their students. My experience here has been amazing. I have been involved in many extracurriculars and every single one has been great. The sponsors take time out of their day to coach and monitor all of these amazing students. I feel so much at home here even though I have only been here for four years. Westside High School is a school I will make my future kids attend. I would also recommend this school to anyone looking for a homey, loving, caring, and overall great atmosphere.
I just started going to Westside in the middle of my Junior Year and now it is my Senior Year. Before I went to Westside I went to Valley View. All of my siblings graduated from Westside and my brother is now the principal at Westside High School. My mom also works at Westside High School. So Westside is kind of in my blood. I absolutely love going to Westside! The teachers really care for every student and they do not have favorites. They always treats every student the same no matter what you status is. Westside has allowed me to create friends that will be my friends forever. Have you ever seen the movie High School Musical? Well that movie is just like Westside. Everyone in your grade is close and when you are a new student you are welcomed no matter what school you came from or what your background is. I have been accepted at Westside since day one! Even before I went to Westside, I would go to there games and still be accepted by all of the students! Forever a Westside Warrior!
Westside High School is a comforting and engaging school. The principal, Mr. Micheal Graham, is engaging with his students and remains on top of his duties while being lax and personable to his students. The teachers are all kind and are willing to help with any problems you may have in class. Many of the students are more than willing to become friends and help you make your way around. School lunches are incredibly good for what "school lunch" tends to mean, and the cafeteria ladies are very sweet; personally, I think their pizza is one of their best dishes. There are many clubs here and I guarantee there's something for everyone when you do enough looking around.