Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Westside High School is a public school located in Coal Hill, AR. It has 270 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Westside High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-71 Students
- A-39 Students
- C+30 Students
- B28 Students
- C+24 Students
- B15 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-8 Students
- A-7 Students
- B-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Westside High School Reviews
As a senior at Westside, I have noticed that the administration is not the best. I walk the halls not feeling as safe as I should be. Most of the teachers are amazing, they care about what happens to each individual student. Overall, I wish administration would pay attention to what matters. If a student talks about shooting up the school you should be more worried about that than students holding more than two office positions for different clubs.
The lack culture and diversity left many students of color feeling disrespected at westside, however the academics and extracurriculars were very good.
I would like to see a change in the bullying epidemic. While I know a team of school board members work very diligently to bring the school to be its best, maybe stricter school rules might actually help. The new and upcoming generations are rewarded for everything they achieve. While growing in my generation you had to learn that, sometimes you have to break in order to keep glowing.