Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+94 Students
- C72 Students
- B+70 Students
- A-62 Students
- C+59 Students
- B-56 Students
- B-53 Students
- A-49 Students
- B-35 Students
- B-28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Westover High School Reviews
Review Westover High School
Westover isn't a bad school it's very repetitive. The school could be further than what it is if we as students and teachers stick to together to achieve a goal and that's to learn something that we need to know to pass state test and Westover has failed to do so! But I can say that most students at Westover are very Intelligent, Different, and Responsible . Most of us at Westover are committed to getting an education and wanting a better life.
"Westover is ALL about their academic focus." If you're doing anything to disturb that academic focus, there WILL be consequences. The consequences are not only for you but also for the whole school. They strongly urge that Westover is a safe, professional, and well organized. Fights, although there always seems to be some, are not tolerated. One small fight could cause the school to lose a pep rally. They are also strict on dress code: no ripped jeans, no crop tops, sheer clothing, sandals, etc. So, if you're one who likes to dress freely, this school isn't for you. Also, the school is predominantly black just like the city. As for the teachers, most of them do have a slight attitude but as long as you're respectful and do your work, that shouldn't be an issue. "If you're ever having problems, come see us." is a common phrase used by our principal and is pretty much how anything will get resolved. Don't be confrontational.
There are many different extracurricular opportunities at my school. The types of clubs/organizations offer at school goes from beta club to international club. There's national honor society, spirit club, robotics team, science club, math team, student council, and more. The level of commitment range from weekly meetings, a sponsor, and a president/vice president. Some clubs require their members to have certain amount of hours. I believe any of these clubs are fun. It's depending on what the students are interested in. The school gives as mush support as they can, but it is up to the club and sponsor to raise money.