Weston-McEwen High School
- Athena, OR
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Weston-McEwen High School is an above average, public school located in Athena, OR. It has 176 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Weston-McEwen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+35 Students
- grade A minus33 Students
- grade C+31 Students
- grade A minus24 Students
- grade B20 Students
- grade B17 Students
- grade C+17 Students
- grade A minus16 Students
- grade A minus13 Students
- grade B12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responses
- Spirit Week40%
- Pep rallies20%
- My favorite school even is the pep assemblies.10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,303 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Schools like Weston-McEwen High School
Weston-McEwen High School Reviews
Rating 3.71 out of 5 34 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
When I first joined this school they made me promises and then never followed through with them. They discouraged me about going for my associates degree and told me it wasn't in the realm of possibilitiesNot getting the support from my school administration was pretty discouraging. As the overall school experience they have a great variety of classes and even team up with the college to offer as many classes as they can. The teachers are nice and helpful, they help you learn the material and understand it. The campus itself feels very safe, we have fences and gates that go around our entire school, the only way in is with a key card and through the front entrance. Even when you go through the front entrance you have to make it past the second half of doors and get buzzed in. We have security cameras around the perimeter of the school, hallways and gyms.We also have to sign in if we get to school late and sign out if we have to leave early. I do feel very safe at school.
I had a few mishaps, but the teachers were very quick to fix the problems and provide assistance. The staff is amazing and you'll find a friend in each of them. They're the reasons that I am successful in school! They are also reknowned for their amazing band program that I have been in for 7 years.
I really like how the the school is so small that there is more one on one teacher attention. Something I would like to see change is that the school needs a cafeteria, especially if they are trying to change it so that the students have to eat lunch on campus. We don't have enough room for all of the students to eat lunch. I would say another thing that needs to be changed is the curriculum, we don't have any lifestyle classes, or classes that teach you anything about the real world. When we leave high school, we might not how to find the hypotenuse between two distances but we won't know how to do our taxes, how to pick out the best insurances and how to balance our money correctly.