Weston-McEwen High School is an above average, public school located in Athena, OR. It has 187 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Weston-McEwen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-28 Students
- B-26 Students
- A-26 Students
- A-19 Students
- B18 Students
- B-15 Students
- B15 Students
- A12 Students
- A12 Students
- A-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Weston-McEwen High School Reviews
I had a few mishaps, but the teachers were very quick to fix the problems and provide assistance. The staff is amazing and you'll find a friend in each of them. They're the reasons that I am successful in school! They are also reknowned for their amazing band program that I have been in for 7 years.
It was a good experience, but some things could be improved. Some of the staff are burnt out, and they don't care about teaching their students. It's hard to learn when a teacher does not want to teach you. However, I have learned a substantial amount from the many teachers that strive to educate and love what they do.
Weston-McEwen High School is a great place to receive an education. However, I feel that the administration places too much importance on sports rather than academics. The teachers are friendly and most of them are always willing to help out a student who is struggling. I would say the thing that the teachers struggle with the most is implementing technology into the classroom. A few teachers have managed to do it but the majority are adamant about sticking with pencil and paper.