Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Weston High School is a top rated, public school located in Weston, MA. It has 707 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Weston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+119 Students
- A+99 Students
- A+92 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+72 Students
- A72 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Weston High School
- A+Acton-Boxborough Regional High School
- Acton-Boxborough Regional School District, MA
- 230 reviews
- A+Newton South High School
- Newton Public Schools, MA
- 295 reviews
- A+Lexington High School
- Lexington Public Schools, MA
- 343 reviews
- A+Belmont High School
- Belmont Public Schools, MA
- 206 reviews
Weston High School Reviews
My experience at Weston High School was definitely good and bad at the same time. I experienced a lot of changes within the school during my time there, including a later start time. I liked many of my teachers and created good relationships with a lot of them. However, there are discrepancies between teachers within the same course that heavily impacts a student's grade. I like how available teachers are, with office hours every Thursday morning. I also think that the environment contributes to a high stress level, but that it is manageable and prepares for college and beyond. I took all of the hardest courses and encountered difficulties but was able to use my resources to improve my grades and understanding of harder courses. I have learned that I prefer group collaboration when it comes to learning and have found that Weston High does a good job on using a variety of learning styles. I would say that the school has its drawbacks for sure.
This school is okay. I'm a freshman here and my experience has been satisfactory, but nothing extraordinary. I chose to take mostly CP courses this year to make my transition easier, but I was shocked by how easy they were. On the other hand, Honors courses are so difficult that people develop mental health problems. I think that Weston should make the classes closer to each other in difficulty so that students changing from CP to Honors can have a better transition without being caught off guard. CP classes NEED to be harder. I'm sorry for people who can't even handle those, but they are way too basic.
I like Weston's academic system, they tend to teach very important information to get us prepared for college. I am in the metco program and have been since kindergarten. Going into Weston High school has helped me a lot to prepare me for the real world. The teachers in high school do not chase you when it comes to homework, projects, and etc to be done, that is all on you. I like how Weston is very serious when it comes to the requirements of making sure we graduate. You could be the worst student in the whole school and yet they make sure you graduate because Weston wants to see you succeed.