Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Weston High School is a public school located in Jonesboro, LA. It has 692 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Weston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+55 Students
- B38 Students
- B28 Students
- A-21 Students
- NG13 Students
- B+12 Students
- B-7 Students
- B7 Students
- C+6 Students
- A+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Weston High School Reviews
At Weston High School there is a community that makes me feel safe and at ease. We have some of the best pep rallies put on by the cheerleaders. Our boys basketball team are second in state. The teachers care about their students. Some of the staff goes out of their way to make sure everyone feels welcome. The principal is an extraordinary person. He makes sure everyone is welcome, and he creates an atmosphere that makes everyone feel like they belong. He does not tolerate bullying. He allows many different dress up days for different clubs. Overall Weston is one of the best schools to go to.
Weston High School is excellent for several reasons. It is small and everyone is nice, so everyone is treated like family. It is safe, involves everyone's parents, and there are several fun sports and extracurricular activities. The only thing I didn't like about Weston was that they do not really prepare us for the real world. I wish that they would teach us some valuable life lessons, like how to do taxes or change a flat tire, instead of just worrying about the test at the end of the year.
I liked Weston High School because anybody could easily make friends. Weston High School just needs to change how they run the school, and they also need to change the way they treat some of the students. For example, if you are Black, you get treated differently than the other kids.