Westmoreland High School is an above average, public school located in Westmoreland, TN. It has 525 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Westmoreland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+72 Students
- B-66 Students
- A-44 Students
- B41 Students
- B+38 Students
- A+30 Students
- C+26 Students
- B-24 Students
- B21 Students
- B+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Westmoreland High School
Westmoreland High School Reviews
I like the teachers and community. In a very small town, you are expected to fail, but Westmoreland goes beyond this. We perform very well and our teachers do a great job of teaching important information. I would like to see more AP/Dual classes though.
The school environment is very safe. It's small enough and the students are well-behaved enough that there isn't a lot of serious rule-breaking. However, AP and dual enrollment classes are only available to seniors, and the variety of classes and clubs is somewhat lacking.
All of the staff is helpful, and can almost always answer all of your questions. The school itself is clean, but the lunch room is on the small end of the scale. There is a 15 minute break between 1st and 2nd block near to everyday, and during that time you can buy refreshments and snacks. All of the classrooms have projectors, and at least one computer. There are a wide arrangement of classes that you could take such as Spanish, art, choir, guitar, etc. And if you fail a class that counts as a credit there is a credit recovery system. The school does prepare you for college in many ways. Such as, if grades allow, to take college courses during the school day that count as credits when you arrive at college.