Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Westmoreland High School is an above average, public school located in Westmoreland, NY. It has 427 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Westmoreland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+28 Students
- grade B minus21 Students
- grade B+16 Students
- grade B minus14 Students
- grade B12 Students
- grade A12 Students
- grade B+10 Students
- grade B minus10 Students
- grade A+9 Students
- grade B+8 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responses
- Spirit Week27%
- Spring Musical18%
- The Senior vs. Faculty annual basketball game18%
- Friday football games9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$20,627 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like Westmoreland High School
- grade BVernon-Verona-Sherrill Senior High School
- Sherrill City School District, NY
- Rating 4.08 out of 5 142 reviews
- grade BSauquoit Valley High School
- Sauquoit Valley Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.53 out of 5 43 reviews
- grade B minusWaterville Junior/Senior High School
- Waterville Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 26 reviews
- grade BOriskany Junior/Senior High School
- Oriskany Central School District, NY
- Rating 4.29 out of 5 21 reviews
Westmoreland High School Reviews
Rating 4.07 out of 5 45 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Westmoreland has a wonderful music program. The teachers are involved with the growth of the students musically and personal. We have many opportunities for performance. We have preformed at soccer games, tree lighting, the mall, special concerts for seniors, and were scheduled to preform at the 911 site before covid 19. The High School academic staff is supportive and informative. Our principal is also involved in our academic life. He preforms in our musicals every year. Overall a very great school.
Westmoreland High School is the perfect representation of how a community and education come together. The staff are very caring and determined in their work to both better individual students as well as groups of students. Within the school, the administration presents a united, fair, and prepared front. Overall, Westmoreland High School is what all other schools should strive for.
My overall experience has been very good at Westmoreland. It was easy for me to make friends here. The Westmoreland Marching Band and Winter Color Guard are awesome. Most of my teachers are very good at what they teach . I think they should do more in the junior year in preparing students who want to go on to college and expressing to parents /students the importance of going on college visits. Also, the high school is old and can use some updating. There are not enough bathrooms for all the students.