Westmoore High School is a highly rated, public school located in Oklahoma City, OK. It has 2,558 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Westmoore High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A660 Students
- B400 Students
- A346 Students
- C225 Students
- C+212 Students
- B+182 Students
- B90 Students
- B-88 Students
- A86 Students
- B83 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.62 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.65 responses
Westmoore High School Reviews
Westmoore High School is a great school with great teachers with a tremendous amount of learning opportunities. My experience at my first high school is that I made a lot of friends through my leadership programs and received an opportunity to go to Moore Norman Technology Center. Some things that could be improved is our Drama Club. Comparing our school to other schools, our school doesn't do as many musicals/plays. Other than that, it is an amazing school with wonder people to help you graduate!
Westmoore was my home for four years. Although it sometimes sucked, it was overall a good experience. Most of the staff is nice and helpful. One of the biggest complaints I have is the counseling staff. My counselor was utterly clueless and never really helped me much. In fact, one day I went into her office crying and came out crying even more. The school is pretty accepting of different sexualities but lacks support for students questioning their gender. There is only one gender-neutral student bathroom and it is completely out of the way. Other than that, it's a pretty good, well rounded experience.
At Westmoore High School, I was able to meet some of the greatest people I have ever met in my life. A few of the teachers I have had are amazing people as well as amazing teachers. I believe even the hardest classes are being taught effectively to the students that are really trying to learn. I had a few problems with changing classes. There were a few areas that were notorious for getting clogged up with moving students. On top of that, a central area in school navigation was constantly filled with congregations of people meeting with their friends, which isn't inherently bad, but because of the place they liked to meet at, they were just worsening and possibly even causing a major problem. Lunch lines were filled with people who cut in line and lunch food was often unsatisfying, but other than that, lunch is a very enjoyable break away from classes.