Westmont Hilltop High School is an above average, public school located in Johnstown, PA. It has 657 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Westmont Hilltop High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A81 Students
- A+67 Students
- B-54 Students
- C+40 Students
- A-34 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+30 Students
- A-28 Students
- B23 Students
- A-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Westmont Hilltop High School Reviews
My experience at Westmont Hilltop High School has been great so far. When I talk to students who have transferred to my school, they always say that Westmont is their favorite school yet, and that the atmosphere is fantastic. Our school has a wide variety of electives that can help decide what career path students are interested in. Our class sizes are small, letting us create good relationships with teachers and students, and gives us a good learning environment. This also leads for one on one time with teachers for a better understanding of material covered in class. We also, as a whole, have a caring and positive attitude to our fellow classmates and teachers, making our high school experience a great one.
Westmont Hilltop is a public school in a small city in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. It is hands down the best school in the city for academics, and has a competitive theater program. There is definitely a social hierarchy that dictates certain clubs in the school, primarily student council, but besides that, it is great!
Westmont has a very welcoming atmosphere and prepares you for college well. However, there are certain teachers who teach core classes and do not do their job effectively. Because of these very few teachers, I have found the academic part of Westmont frustrating. Most teachers at Westmont are amazing and will get students well-prepared for college.