Westhill High School is an above average, public school located in Stamford, CT. It has 2,138 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Westhill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A398 Students
- B193 Students
- B178 Students
- B-178 Students
- C149 Students
- A+140 Students
- B-120 Students
- A+112 Students
- B105 Students
- A-97 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 103 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.65 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.75 responses
Schools like Westhill High School
- BStamford High School
- Stamford School District, CT
- 292 reviews
- BGlen Cove High School
- Glen Cove City School District, NY
- 213 reviews
- BNorwalk High School
- Norwalk School District, CT
- 296 reviews
- CMount Vernon High School
- Mount Vernon City School District, NY
- 91 reviews
Westhill High School Reviews
I transferred to Westhill High as a junior and at first, the transition was slightly rocky because I am naturally a very introverted person, but the people are very welcoming and outgoing. The school is very diverse which was something that I appreciated and embraced as a minority of a diverse background. My friends come from all walks of life and have different stories to tell. Compared to its counterpart, Stamford High School, Westhill is in a league of its own and I can say that I am enjoying my brief last year there!
Westhill highschool is not the best but definitely not the worst highschool. It has great diversity of students from every background. The schools also offers lots of academics ranging from CP to Ap classes, lots of sports, clubs and activities to choose from. The teachers here are pretty good, some hate their job but just do it to make money while others actually care and will put in a lot of effort to make sure you pass the class. In terms of safety, the school is average. We have cop cars outside but there are still fights that go on every once a while. The facility is the lowest rating for me because most of the bathrooms are in horrible conditions, we had a huge mold issue few months ago and many teachers and students got sick from it. The only really clean building in the freshman wing. Despite all this the school is still better than most I’ve been to and I will miss this school when I graduate because lots of great teachers have helped me achieve my goals.
My Highschool experience was an average type of experience. You make your group of friends and throughout the years you lose a couple as you go. This highschool had some very amazing teachers who ended up being more like friends than teachers. Westhill is a very diverse school i would say. You see various different type of nationalities and cultures and the school lets you express yourself. Sometimes they even have shows for example like the latino talent show and various other activities. Overall, I had a great high school experience!