Westford Academy is a top rated, public school located in Westford, MA. It has 1,676 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Westford Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A321 Students
- A+202 Students
- A+191 Students
- A+151 Students
- B+136 Students
- A-123 Students
- A115 Students
- A+111 Students
- A+102 Students
- B87 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 80 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Westford Academy
- A+Wayland High School
- Wayland Public Schools, MA
- 133 reviews
- A+Bedford High School
- Bedford Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 163 reviews
- A+Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School
- Public School
- Sudbury, MA
- 247 reviews
- ABurlington High School
- Burlington Public Schools, MA
- PK, K-12
- 120 reviews
Westford Academy Reviews
Westford Academy harbors a distinctly strong, yet rigorous, academic experience. Many students frequently take multiple high-level classes which are treated at such: high-level. A number of electives are available in each subject area, although certain departments, such as the science department, lack sufficient resources to deliver to the demands of students despite trying their hardest. The administration seems to have a bit of a power complex and does NOT enjoy students who believe they deserve a more independent experience. Finally, students can become toxically competitive and ruin the educational experience for others because such there is underlying, albeit intense stress on grades, test scores, and academic performance, but effort often feels unrewarding.
I loved my time here at WA! There is such a great variety of courses you can take in all subject areas, and you can challenge yourself with a variety of challenging AP classes. The school is great at preparing students academically and has so many great teachers!
At Westford Academy, I think our academics are pretty great in general. There's a general culture of hard work and studying, (even sometimes to the point where it's toxic). However, there are resources in place for burnout and students such as Challenge Success, which is an organization at our school that aims to reduce stress (though many people disagree on how effective it actually is). Sports are fairly competitive, though it varies between the sports - for example, our football team isn't great compared to others, but our soccer teams and swim and dive teams are pretty stellar. The faculty and students are all great in general and everyone's really supportive of each other. You'll always find great people here at WA, and there are tons of ways to get involved, from clubs to theatrical productions to community service organizations to athletics - you name it.