Westford Academy is a top rated, public school located in Westford, MA. It has 1,676 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Westford Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A271 Students
- A+167 Students
- A+165 Students
- A+126 Students
- B+120 Students
- A-107 Students
- A98 Students
- A+95 Students
- A+82 Students
- A-77 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 69 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Westford Academy
- A+Wayland High School
- Wayland Public Schools, MA
- 125 reviews
- A+Bedford High School
- Bedford Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 158 reviews
- A+Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School
- Public School
- Sudbury, MA
- 241 reviews
- ABurlington High School
- Burlington Public Schools, MA
- PK, K-12
- 116 reviews
Westford Academy Reviews
Westford Academy harbors a distinctly strong, yet rigorous, academic experience. Many students frequently take multiple high-level classes which are treated at such: high-level. A number of electives are available in each subject area, although certain departments, such as the science department, lack sufficient resources to deliver to the demands of students despite trying their hardest. The administration seems to have a bit of a power complex and does NOT enjoy students who believe they deserve a more independent experience. Finally, students can become toxically competitive and ruin the educational experience for others because such there is underlying, albeit intense stress on grades, test scores, and academic performance, but effort often feels unrewarding.
It was incredibly challenging and teachers pushed students non-stop, however it made me a better student because I not only became more equipped to handle high-pressure situations, but I was more involved in my education and wanted to do well. Students were competitive, however encouraged each other and most were willing to help their classmates. Overall, I wish the school would give less homework because in harder classes it can take hours to complete work after school, however the intensity of the classes helped prepare me for the real world.
Westford Academy has been a great place for me and has helped me mature as a person. Everyone supports and looks out for each other. Every student is treated as a young adult. The teachers seek to get to know everyone and understand that every person is unique. Creativity is encouraged and all students are valued. Teachers always make time to give extra help, both before and after school. Westford Academy teachers also work to ensure that the college application process goes smoothly.