grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Westfield Vocational Technical High School is a public school located in Westfield, MA. It has 527 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Westfield Vocational Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+33 Students
- grade C+31 Students
- grade C+19 Students
- grade A13 Students
- grade A+11 Students
- grade B minus11 Students
- grade B8 Students
- grade C+8 Students
- grade B minus7 Students
- grade C+5 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- Spirit Week33%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,439 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Schools like Westfield Vocational Technical High School
- grade B minusWestfield High School
- Westfield Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.46 out of 5 207 reviews
- grade B minusGateway Regional High School
- Gateway Regional School District, MA
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 115 reviews
- grade C+Holyoke High School
- Holyoke Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 139 reviews
- grade B minusPutnam Vocational-Technical Academy
- Springfield Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 169 reviews
Westfield Vocational Technical High School Reviews
Rating 3.72 out of 5 39 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Westfield Technical Academy has been an amazing school with some fantastic teachers. The boys soccer team was 24-2 on the year, and won the Mass Small Voc/Tech State Championship and was the runner ups in the W. Mass D4 Championship. Their Aviation program is second to none! It is a very safe school. It is getting better with it's College Prep courses, but could use a few more AP classes.
Westfield Technical Academy is a very good high school to be enrolled into and apart of. It offers hands on experiences and gets you ready for the workforce, something that any other average high school doesn't offer. It has a large variety of shops that a student could be enrolled into, not only just the basic classes. However the academics could be better. Although it is not the classes that are bad, some of the teachers make the class bad, I think WTA could do a better job on hiring the temporary teachers.
Being that this is a vocational high school it does prepare you for the trade of your choice as well as the option to pursue a career in the field you choose. Choosing to advance to college is a great option but not required when you graduate from this high school. I graduated with a Graphic Arts Certificate which I'm very proud of. The benefit of a trade school is having one week of doing what you love and then one week to learn academically. I thought this as a wonderful balance...being able to see different teachers and students each week was a plus for me...it was always consistent and fun. Mostly all of the teachers and students were really friendly...and the principals always took control when any issues arose. I would recommend this school to others. I think for sure some reonovations would be amazing as it was an older school when I attended. But, if I still lived in the area I would send my two children there.