Westfield Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Westfield, NJ. It has 1,874 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
550 Dorian Rd
Westfield, NJ 07090
Work Here? Claim Your School
Westfield Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A192 Students
- A147 Students
- A+137 Students
- A-112 Students
- A+109 Students
- A+96 Students
- A96 Students
- A+95 Students
- A+92 Students
- A+85 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Westfield Senior High School
- AGovernor Livingston High School
- Berkeley Heights School District, NJ
- 156 reviews
- A+New Providence High School
- New Providence School District, NJ
- 83 reviews
- A+Bernards High School
- Somerset Hills Regional School District, NJ
- 183 reviews
- AMadison High School
- Madison Public School District, NJ
- 84 reviews
Westfield Senior High School Reviews
Westfield High School is an excellent place to get an education. It will push you or your child to work extremely hard with wonderful, helpful teachers and many high caliber extracurricular programs. The only reason it doesn't get five stars is that the level of difficulty can provide a great deal of unnecessary stress on the students, but, if you can handle that, you will have a fantastic experience.
I have had a wonderful experience in my four years at Westfield High School. Most of it is thanks to our wonderful principal, Dr. Derrick Nelson, who unfortunately, passed away earlier this month. His loss is felt deeply by all students, staff and parents. He was a selfless, intelligent administrator and an awesome person. I only hope future principals can follow his lead, but I feel no one can fill his shoes. He was one of a kind and I feel fortunate to have had him for as long as we did
There are endless opportunities at Westfield Highschool from academics to athletics to clubs that give back to the community. The teachers at Westfield Highschool are outstanding. They truly care about their students and go out of their way to provide their students with the tools they need to succeed. I have a teacher this year that aside from being more than willing to meet during any period of the school day holds 2 hour AP review sessions after school leading up to the AP exams. My teacher’s enthusiasm spreads to her students. The one thing I would like to see change is the facilities. The bathrooms, especially, need to be redone.