Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Westfield High School is a public school located in Westfield, MA. It has 1,228 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Westfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A212 Students
- C+173 Students
- A+102 Students
- C+81 Students
- A+67 Students
- B-66 Students
- B65 Students
- A59 Students
- B57 Students
- B56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responses
- Sporting events24%
- Hall wars20%
- Homecoming and Prom19%
- Formal dances and band trips.10%
- Community Outreach Projects8%
- One acts competition hosted by school5%
- Ability to attend Conferences across state3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Westfield High School
- B-Westfield Vocational Technical High School
- Westfield Public Schools, MA
- 39 reviews
- B-Gateway Regional High School
- Gateway Regional School District, MA
- 114 reviews
- BLudlow Senior High School
- Ludlow Public Schools, MA
- 110 reviews
- BHampshire Regional High School
- Public School
- Westhampton, MA
- 79 reviews
Westfield High School Reviews
My experience at Westfield High has been pretty average. The school itself is not in good shape at all which definitely affects how well a student can learn. There is no AC or heat so its either really hot in the summer to the point where people pass out, or freezing cold in the winter. I would love to see there be a new school in the next couple of years so people dont have to work in the same conditions i did. I love the staff, but because the school is so old and dirty it is hard to find new teachers who want to work in the building. Besides the school being gross the staff, and students are great i have had a great 4 years there and am proud to say in a couple months that i am a westfield high alum!
Overall as a school through the United States this school definitely ranks above average but there are gripes I do have especially considering the high standard MA schools are usually held to. First off all, there are over 1000 students here and three floors and no air conditioning throughout the whole building which is suffocating in the warmer months(we always stayed until the end of June so you can imagine) and we also have very few athletic facilities for the many Varsity sports at this school. Yes, it is a positive we have so many sports but considering we have so many sports its sad there are no facilities to benefit some of the athletes. I was a track runner and we never had a proper track to run on and had to go to a local facility to run. In short, this school does offer a lot of educational opportunities and there are some great staff but it falls flat when it comes to it's facilities for extracurricular activities and comfort for it's students.
I really enjoy being a student at Westfield High School. I think there is a great learning atmosphere. All of my teachers are great! The only aspect that is not very good is the resources. In most of the surrounding districts all of the students have laptops or tablets. At Westfield High School we has "wifi" which was supposed to be for a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), but the wifi never works. We also don't have many laptop carts or computer labs that consistently work with no problems. In class when I have to do something online I often spend 10-20 minutes just trying to login or get my computer to turn on.