Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Western Wayne High School is an above average, public school located in Lake Ariel, PA. It has 621 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Western Wayne High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+102 Students
- grade A minus86 Students
- grade A minus72 Students
- grade B65 Students
- grade B64 Students
- grade B minus61 Students
- grade A60 Students
- grade B52 Students
- grade C+47 Students
- grade B47 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responses
- Spirit Week28%
- Sporting Events16%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$23,873 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 21 responses
Schools like Western Wayne High School
- grade B minusValley View High School
- Valley View School District, PA
- Rating 3.21 out of 5 105 reviews
- grade C+Lakeland Junior/Senior High School
- Lakeland School District, PA
- Rating 3.47 out of 5 95 reviews
- grade B minusForest City Regional High School
- Forest City Regional School District, PA
- Rating 3.44 out of 5 73 reviews
- grade B+Honesdale High School
- Wayne Highlands School District, PA
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 191 reviews
Western Wayne High School Reviews
Rating 3.55 out of 5 154 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
They offer students an array of electives, honor classes, and academic tracks to choose from. There could be more options for students to choose from especially with the changing workforce and economy.
Western Wayne High School is the high school you want to attend. It has it's good and bad like every high school . The teachers truly care about what they do. They are willing to do what it takes for their students to succeed. The friendships you will make here are the ones you will want to keep for the rest of your days. The school may be old and not as shiny and new as others in the area. However this is made up for with the schools immense amount of pride for what it has and what it accomplishes. The whole community gets involved with the school and it is very refreshing to see a community care so much about the students who are a part of it. Some aspects of the school are not amazing but that provides a charm that other schools just don't have. Most of the students are heavily involved in clubs and sports. Every member of the activities care so much about what they do and have so much passion for what they do. From robotics to football to the video game club we all have our place.
The school spirit is spectacular! And guidance does extremely well with getting students ready for college...the group homing needs to be ended though. There’s not enough diversity in the school to be putting a stereotype of city students in with rural students. Enough said.