Western Sierra Collegiate Academy is a top rated, public, charter school located in Rocklin, CA. It has 728 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Western Sierra Collegiate Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A59 Students
- A+39 Students
- A37 Students
- A+32 Students
- A32 Students
- A+32 Students
- B-28 Students
- B27 Students
- A-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Western Sierra Collegiate Academy
- ANatomas Charter School
- Natomas Unified School District, CA
- PK, K-12
- 255 reviews
- B+John Adams Academy
- Loomis Union Elementary School District, CA
- 22 reviews
- BGeorge Washington Carver School of Arts & Science
- Sacramento City Unified School District, CA
- 54 reviews
- B+South Sutter Charter School
- Marcum-Illinois Union Elementary School District, CA
- 53 reviews
Western Sierra Collegiate Academy Reviews
WSCA has been a great experience for our family for the last 6 years! We feel the academics are extremely strong and have prepared our son for college. While the extracurricular activities and electives have not been as diverse as the non-charter high schools in our district, the small close knit environment of like minded students and families is more valuable for our family.
As a middle school student at Western Sierra, I would have to say our MS classes can be overlooked. The high school students have most of the resources which is understandable as this is a collage-prep school. However I enjoy the difficult classes. The teachers here push you to do your best and prepare you for life in High school. I think the administration genuinely care about us too, which adds to the environment of our school. Although our athletics are not that great, we are getting better. WSCA is still growing and I can't wait to see where we go next.
I am a western sierra collegiate academy student and I absolutely love the whole environment and philosophy of the school! I used to go to public school all the way up to 7th grade and I really enjoyed it but here at WSCA you're able to feel free to be yourself and make long term friends. Although it is a small school the academics are overall very good and most of the teachers are great. With more athletic and club opportunities and school culture it would definitely be one of the best schools in the Sacramento area.