Western Dubuque High School Reviews

WDHS is one of those small town schools where everyone knows everyone, but it is completely unique in the sense of community that comes with being a Bobcat. The teachers at WDHS are the most dedicated and kind people you will ever have the privilege of knowing. They genuinely care about their students and want to make sure they succeed both in school and in life. The "Bobcat Spirit" that is promoted at the school really does exist in the hearts of the staff, faculty, and most of the students who attend the school. The Friday night football games, Homecoming parade, and pep rallies cement that once you are a Bobcat, you are always a Bobcat. They are offer more AP and NICC dual courses now and the school is always getting new renovations (still no AC in the original building however). The sports, clubs, and the arts are incredible and had their best year yet in 2019. WDHS has given me a one of a kind high school experience that I will treasure for the rest of my life. 8.5/10
While in high school, everyone knew everyone. Gossip and rumors spread like wildfire. Even though going to a small school resulted in things spreading easily, I loved that everyone was close. You could talk to anyone regarding problems you're facing, because everyone understood. Going to school here was a great experience and I'd do it all again if I had the chance.
Western Dubuque High School has an amazing school culture that cannot be replaced. The teachers and coaches go out of their way to care for its students. They create a fun and safe learning atmosphere that believes in each person that comes through the doors. The level of community support for the high school is remarkable and unlike anything I have ever seen compared to another schools.
Start Your Review of Western Dubuque High School
Western Dubuque High School and Community School District really creates a community feeling. There is a very supportive environment for success in academics and athletics. Teachers are personable and want the students to thrive and understand the material. Located in rural area, very safe feeling. Not very diverse due to rural area but definitely open to all people of every aspect. There are plenty clubs and activities that aim to involve all students in some way, including sports, creative arts, and academic clubs.
I enjoyed the overall atmosphere and being able to express myself more openly. There are programs and staff who are able to help you learn in a way that best fits you, and any school event you go to will be filled with Bobcat Spirit!
My experience at Western Dubuque High School has been great. All of the teachers truly care about the student and build strong relations no matter who the student is. The students are overall respectful and made high school enjoyable.
The 4 years I spent at West Dubuque High School was very rewarding! I had a wonderful Experience being involved in many Productions Including, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Bye Bye Birdie and Lion King Jr. I was involved in Crew as Well for Show Choir and then my Senior Year I Joined Show Choir. I enjoyed all the travel involved and the relationships that I built along the way. All of the teachers at West Dubuque are beyond inspirational, they have all the best intentions to help you succeed. There are so many opportunities for students with sports and clubs! The school is well maintained and they have in recent years added a large addition with a new Gym and an Auditorium! We had great School Spirit! It truly was a blessing to be at West Dubuque High School!
Western Dubuque is a very average school. There is nothing inherently special about it. They don't offer a whole lot of classes in various fields, but they do offer some college and AP classes.
At Western Dubuque High School you are truly treated as family. All of the students and faculty care for you and are there to help, whether it be school related or not. Teachers whom I have never had a class with in my life have taken time to get to know me and greet me in hallways and ask how I am doing. You can never walk the halls of Western Dubuque without a smile on your face. I would recommend this high school to anyone.
This high school is really great the teachers and students all very kind and willing to help you with anything you need. One of the saying at WD is once a bobcat always a bobcat and that means that no matter what you will always have a family here at Western dubuque and it is a great place to send your kid or kids to school
Western Dubuque is a place where students can go to have a fun and safe environment. Here, many students don’t have to worry about bullying and harassment and everyone gets a long. The environment at western Dubuque is like no other. I feel as though I am part of a community that comes together when needed and supports one another throughout everything.
Western Dubuque High School is located in the small town of Epworth, Iowa. Not many other schools in our area are located in such small towns. Most are located in Dubuque, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, or Waterloo; these cities range from 60,000-130,000 people living in them with their high schools having 3,000-5,000 students. Western Dubuque however is in Epworth, a town of 1, 945 people and an attendance of 900 students. Our school is one of the most tightly-knit schools in the state. The sense of community and friendliness is so great and warming. Just knowing that whatever is needed will be taken care of without question by friends and family is amazing. It would be very hard to find this anywhere else. A place where teachers and staff genuinely care about your grades and well being. Western Dubuque in my mind is greater than any other high school in the country.
Excellent study body and school involvement. Many of the teachers are kind and dedicated to the education program. During my time at Western Dubuque Highschool, I highly enjoyed the options of extracurricular activities, sports, and classes. Overall, it was an amazing environment to spend my four years of highschool.
I believe like with all schools there is room for improvement. For a school their meals are above average and the curriculum they offer is very excellent.
Western Dubuque has some of the best and most caring teachers you could find. Some of the teachers that I’ve met these past 3 years are the most amazing people I’ve met who would be willing to help you with anything, whether it’s school related or not. Also, being a Bobcat means that you have a huge community family that has always got your back.
I really enjoyed my time there, and everyone was friendly. Not much diversity, but that is improving throughout the years.
I liked Western Dubuque High school due to the kindness of the students, teachers, and staff. Western Dubuque also had many activities that got students involved, active and eager to meet new people. The clubs varied through sports speech, business, music, leadership, and even chess so that everybody could get involved.
Start Your Review of Western Dubuque High School
I've had a wonderful time at Western Dubuque and have thrived in my academic environment. The school is a great community that is supportive of everyone within it.
Western Dubuque is a pretty big school with alot of smiling faces, everytime you pass someone in the halls they greet you. My experience in Western Dubque for the past 3 and a half years has been amazing. All the staff is there to help you and they want you to succeed and become something in life.
Western Dubuque has made a huge impact on my life and helped me become the person I am today. Everyone accepts who you are here and the teachers do everything they can to help you succeed.