Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
Western Christian School is an above average, private, Christian school located in Salem, OR. It has 169 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. After graduation, 90% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Western Christian School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-25 Students
- C23 Students
- B-20 Students
- A-17 Students
- B-16 Students
- B15 Students
- B14 Students
- A-9 Students
- B8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- lock downs33%
- Lock ins33%
- Spirit Week33%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Western Christian School Reviews
I have really enjoyed Western Christian School. It has an amazing community with the opportunities to become close with teachers and students. I have attained many mentors and friends that I can tell anything to. It's an amazing place to be yourself and grow in your faith. The only improvements I would recommend is focusing more on faith than on sports, but it is a high school so it's difficult to get everyone on board with that. I hope the school stays an amazing community for many generations to come and it becomes a safe environment for people's feelings and faith.
In my 7 years being at Western Christian School, It has been absolutely amazing. I have never seen so much love, support and caring faculty and staff anywhere else in my life. Western is on a beautiful 45 acre campus just outside of Salem, Oregon. The Classes are small, with about 15-20 student to teacher ratio. The teachers are very loving, caring Christ following people that are committed to help the students be successful in anyway they can. Chapels are 2 days a week and have exceptional speakers every time. After Tuesdays chapel, the kids will break up into small groups where they discuss the speakers message and put it into there own lives.The school offers 7 sports. If you ever want to go watch a basketball game, it is highly encouraged. "The Barn" (our gymnasium) gets rocking every night for our boys and girls team. Western Christian now offers elementary school for K-5 students. Western is a life changing school for anyone who attends.
I love Western Mennonite School! It has the greatest community, everyone feels extremely welcomed. The teachers are amazing and care about everyone. Classroom sizes are small so you really get the opportunity to get to know your teacher. Everyone knows everyone's name in each grade level. I wouldn't change much about the school but if I were going to say one is that I would like not to have a strict dress code.