Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Western Center Academy is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Hemet, CA. It has 678 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Western Center Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A68 Students
- A+61 Students
- B+52 Students
- A+47 Students
- A45 Students
- A-44 Students
- A35 Students
- A35 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Western Center Academy
- B-Highland Academy
- Beaumont Unified School District, CA
- 1 review
- ATemecula Valley Charter School
- Temecula Valley Unified School District, CA
- 8 reviews
- B-Sycamore Academy of Science & Cultural Arts
- Lake Elsinore Unified School District, CA
- Hemet Unified School District, CA
Western Center Academy Reviews
Western Center Academy is a comfortable, curiosity fueled charter school that truly shows what it is to be a teacher. As a student, I have always felt listened to completely by my teachers. They've done a fantastic job at teaching us how to be college ready; telling us where we can look for help, given us free opportunities to take expensive exams, and keep us interested in our learning environment. I've had the opportunity to take both woodshop classes and advanced physics, on a campus full of dedicated educators and delightful students. Though it has no sports programs on campus, any parent looking for a charter in south CA, this is your school!
I love being here. The teachers and staff are so supportive of me and my goals. The academics are challenging, but in the good way. The atmosphere makes you want to do your best, but students are supportive of each other too. Different religious and ethnic clubs exist on campus that everyone is supportive of, and the school is extremely tolerant and supportive of the LGBTQ+ community. It feels like a home more so than a school.
I have been attending Western Center Academy since 6th and will be graduating high school in 2020. I have overall had a very good experience with the school. The small class population and overlapping of teachers teaching multiple classes allowed me to get close with my grade group. With a small school, teachers have the ability to closely interact with students and help them reach their full potential after high school.