Western Boone Junior/Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Thorntown, IN. It has 821 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Western Boone Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+104 Students
- A+97 Students
- A90 Students
- B-49 Students
- A-45 Students
- B33 Students
- B31 Students
- NG25 Students
- B+21 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Western Boone Junior/Senior High School
- B+Lebanon Senior High School
- Lebanon Community School Corporation, IN
- 240 reviews
- B+Clinton Prairie Junior/Senior High School
- Clinton Prairie School Corporation, IN
- 48 reviews
- BCrawfordsville High School
- Crawfordsville Community Schools, IN
- 54 reviews
- C+North Montgomery High School
- North Montgomery Community School Corporation, IN
- 137 reviews
Western Boone Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I originally came to this school as a freshmen, I wasn’t really sure what to expect at first but as time went on I actually began to enjoy coming to school. I realized I was privileged to be able to attend such a school, don’t get me wrong there are some days that I wish I could go back and redo and some test I wish I could go back a study a little harder for, but as far as the school I attend I have no regrets. Western Boone is a school filled with people that actually care about their students. They go the extra mile to get their kids involved not only academically but socially. I’m thankful to have such encouraging teachers that push me to do well. As students of Western Boone Junior/Senior High school we are proving that character building and education can be taught in the same classroom. Since I’ve been here at Western Boone my grades have improved tremendously. As a senior now, I can whole heartedly say that Western Boone is a great high school!
Western Boone Jr./Sr. High School is a very well rounded community full of people that care about seeing you develop as a person. Administration is excellent at this school along with the staff. Western Boone, may not have be very big, but everyone in the school knows each other and pushes each other everyday to better their education and college readiness. This school is very active when it comes to athletics and club activities. Students getting involved in athletics has helped the Western Boone community to grow together. Western Boone Jr./Sr. High School is an all around great school and I would recommend to families to put their children in this type of community.
My experience at Western Boone Jr./Sr. High school has been very good. The teachers are interested in each student's academic performance, but they also are interested about your life outside the classroom. Many teachers ask about what each student likes to do, and they'll ask about these activities during class, which allows each student to get acquainted with one another more easily. What I have also experienced at this school are teachers that care about mental and physical health. I've known teachers who not only ask how a student is doing, but also may pull a student that they've noticed is struggling with health issues aside after class and want to know more details about the problem, and how they can help. This school is a big family, which is reflected in our relationships with one another, and I am glad that my high school experience has been at Western Boone.