Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Westchester Square Academy is a public school located in Bronx, NY. It has 547 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Westchester Square Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B53 Students
- A+46 Students
- A-43 Students
- B38 Students
- A-33 Students
- B29 Students
- A27 Students
- A-22 Students
- B22 Students
- A+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Westchester Square Academy
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Westchester Square Academy Reviews
I am an alum from two years agao and the 2016-17 academic year was my first year and really a marker for the downfall of the school. I remember taking the first year of ap. Irt was a double period and extremely depressing. Aside from staff being overwhelmed from tyranical admin, we didn't even have proper equipment to do many labs. I am an hands on learner and had a 4.0 ending junior year but my senior easily drops to and 80 average. I am at a good college now but this school didn't bring much out of me. As a hands on learner we didn't even have a lot of opportunities fro practicals or field trips. There was always a safety concern. We had to release butane gas from a titration lab by walking in the government class across the hall in the middle of the period. School culture disgusting, my only enjoyment was a coach who also switch schools inside the building because of Salcedo's reign.
I liked my first 2 years there, afterward the staff changed and the school wasn't the same. The school initially was more family based. It seemed as though everyone knew each other, the teachers were kind and fair, and it seemed as though everyone actually cared that you succeed. However, when the principle left the school everything changed. The school became very standard. No-one seemed to care as much anymore and all the teachers systematically began leaving or getting let go.
As far as the teachers they will stop at nothing to make sure you understand and turn in your work. The staff members are mostly kind and will stop at nothing to make sure the students are always okay. Diversity is also excellent. One thing though we always had fights but because of the step they took to reduce/manage it, it has improved