Westchester Square Academy is a public school located in Bronx, NY. It has 572 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Westchester Square Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+39 Students
- B35 Students
- A-34 Students
- B29 Students
- A-27 Students
- B+24 Students
- B+21 Students
- A20 Students
- A+18 Students
- A-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Westchester Square Academy
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Westchester Square Academy Reviews
My experience at WSA was a good one. I have been in this school since my freshman year and I'm proud to say that I am going to be apart of the second ever graduating class! The teachers care for the students as if they are their own. The students respect each other, and look out for each other. This school is all about community, self reflecting on yourself, collaboration, and discussion. All of these are exhibited in the classrooms and even outside of school.
After being in two different high schools in the past four years before being transferred to Westchester Square Academy, I have to say that Westchester Square Academy is the greatest one. It has its flaws like teachers always coming and going. However, it has offered me so many student resources that I did not receive in the other high schools I have been in. With so many students on the campus, it is amazing how many student resources they have. I am happy to be here.
In Westchester Square Academy, it helped mold a better me. I feel as if everyone thinks they’re an adult and acts like they are even if that may not be the best method. I learned to enjoy everything offered to you because you may not get that opportunity again. Half way through my high school career, new administration and staff was brought. Though it was a little rough at first, we all pulled through to succeed through the rest of our journey.