Westby High School
- WESTBY, WI
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Westby High School is a public school located in WESTBY, WI. It has 331 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Westby High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+58 Students
- grade A minus44 Students
- grade B+35 Students
- grade B35 Students
- grade B31 Students
- grade A27 Students
- grade B21 Students
- grade B20 Students
- grade B17 Students
- grade B16 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Westby High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responses
- Snake run and bonfire19%
- Homecoming Parade11%
- Track and Field11%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,791 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Westby High School
- grade B+Viroqua High School
- Viroqua Area School District, WI
- Rating 3.32 out of 5 41 reviews
- grade BCashton Middle/High School
- Cashton School District, WI
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 32 reviews
- grade B minusLa Farge High School
- La Farge School District, WI
- Rating 3.21 out of 5 19 reviews
- grade BBangor Middle/High School
- Bangor School District, WI
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 10 reviews
Westby High School Reviews
Rating 3.67 out of 5 63 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I had a great expierience at Westby High school, they provided me with lots of information and lots of help that I have used to get through my High School Career. When I graduate from college there is a great chance that I come back to Westby to continue to grow from the person that I am today. I would recommend that any person who wants to settle down in a small town, settles in Westby. They don't have a lot going on and it is very easy to fit in here. Westby is an all around good school and town to go to as they have great people and greate staff.
My experience at Westby has overall been good. The classes are pretty small and close-knit and you get to know everyone. Kids here are also able to participate in many clubs, meaning that we are very well-rounded. Westby is especially known for its music program. The only problem that stands out to me is the fact that the building is pretty old (1960s) and in need of repairs. There are very nice athletic facilities, though.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Westby High School thus far. The music program is nothing short of astounding: both the choir and the band giving themselves an impressive reputation for being high quality. I have performed with both groups all over the state for different events, and the work habits, musical experiences, and life skills I have gained from these two organizations will last a lifetime. However, I do not have as high of remarks for, that part being the teachers for academics. Erica Hoven, a science teacher, is easily the worst teacher I have ever had. She is irritable, constantly yelling at students. Her method of teaching involves reading off of a slide show (not adding anything else to elaborate) and giving out worksheets. The reason she doesn't expand upon slideshows, I believe, is because she doesn't even make them. She has told us she uses ones made by another teacher. She is a leech on this school district and must leave.