Westbrook High School is a public school located in Westbrook, ME. It has 737 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+82 Students
- C+66 Students
- B39 Students
- A-34 Students
- B-31 Students
- C+27 Students
- B-22 Students
- A+21 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Westbrook High School
- C+Biddeford High School
- Biddeford Public Schools, ME
- 72 reviews
- B+South Portland High School
- South Portland Public Schools, ME
- 138 reviews
- A-Portland High School
- Portland Public Schools, ME
- 106 reviews
- B-Windham High School
- Regional School Unit No. 14 (MSAD 14), ME
- 177 reviews
Westbrook High School Reviews
I have spent all of my middle school and almost all of my High school education in Westbrook. Comparing and contrasting those years to the ones I spent at my elementary school in West Haven my Westbrook education has been surreal. From the day I stepped into the Westbrook's school system I finally felt I had the possibility of becoming a professional in the future. I was given all the attention, time, patience and comprehension a child needs. With all the instruments the school provided I unleashed my ambition and need to work harder than ever to make my dreams possible. I am now a hardworking individual who is in the honor roll every semester and is also very involved in extracurricular activitys. I strongly believe that if i was not currently attending Westbrook High School I would not be the dedicated National Honor Society student that I am today.
Going to Westbrook almost my entire life I really got to see the ins and outs of the school system. The teachers cared little to none about the students and lacked any sort of compassion. The students were terrible to each other creating an awful enviroment for learning. The new grading system is setting you up for failure and promotes laziness. The whole enviroment is depressing and almost pushes you to not try and fail completely.
The teachers are pretty split down the middle on many principles. Very few show adequate care for the student and show the student the same amount of respect the teacher assumes to be given to them. however, most teachers don't put in that extra effort to connect with their students and run a more authoritarian classroom with very few student interactions that are portrayed as pleasant. Though if connections are made with the few teachers who go the extra mile a student will always have someone to rant to about the other teachers.