Westbrook High School is an above average, public school located in Westbrook, CT. It has 273 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Westbrook High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A49 Students
- B-32 Students
- A+17 Students
- B17 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-15 Students
- B15 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Westbrook High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Westbrook High School
- AOld Saybrook Senior High School
- Old Saybrook School District, CT
- 103 reviews
- A-Haddam-Killingworth High School
- Regional School District No. 17, CT
- 135 reviews
- B+Southold Junior/Senior High School
- Southold Union Free School District, NY
- 57 reviews
- A-Valley Regional High School
- Regional School District No. 4, CT
- 107 reviews
Westbrook High School Reviews
I like that Westbrook High School encourages its students to succeed in every possible way. Because the school is so small, the teachers have a lot of time to dedicate to each and every student. They work so hard to make sure their students not only complete their work, but also understand the topics they learn and are able to apply those concepts to other, real-life scenarios.
I couldn't have had a better 4 years at WHS! I love it so much here and I am sad to let it go. The teachers were friendly and welcoming from the start. They have helped me learn and grow as a person and without them I do not know where I would be. I do not think I would be so involved with art because thanks to all of my teacher's encouragement, I will be pursuing Photography in the future. When I walk down the halls I feel so comforatable and confident and definitely believe that I have become such an open book thanks to WHS. We are all like a big family here; everyone knows each other and are extremely friendly to one another. I am so close with all of my teachers and I hate to have to leave them, but I feel prepared for my future and certainly look forward to coming back and visiting everyone at WHS!
My post-graduation experience has been amazing. I absolutely love my choice in college, Quinnipiac University. I constantly compare myself to my peers and believe my high school experience at Westbrook High School more than adequately prepared me for my academics; however, I wish I had learned more life lessons, as in how to do taxes, how to change a tire, etc. These are things I must learn on my own, however it would be very beneficial to learn in high school, especially considering not everyone progresses onto college after graduation.