Westborough High School is a top rated, public school located in Westborough, MA. It has 1,049 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Westborough High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A277 Students
- A+169 Students
- A+166 Students
- A+126 Students
- A100 Students
- A+91 Students
- A-86 Students
- B81 Students
- A+73 Students
- B+67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Westborough High School
- A+Natick High School
- Natick Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 183 reviews
- A+Algonquin Regional High School
- Public School
- Northborough, MA
- 204 reviews
- A+Shrewsbury Senior High School
- Shrewsbury Public Schools, MA
- 359 reviews
- A+Wayland High School
- Wayland Public Schools, MA
- 133 reviews
Westborough High School Reviews
Westborough High School has a wonderful community filled with hardworking students and an amazing group of teachers and counselors. The teachers help lead their students down a path of success, and the counselors do an amazing job with keeping communications open with students, from typical school drama to stress to colleges. Teachers encourage their students to do the best, and I feel the difficulty of the coursework has truly prepared me for success in college, and even in my future career. Mental health is important throughout the school, the staff makes it clear to everyone that their door is always open to anyone who is in need, and posters from study tips to suicide/depression hotlines are posted all around the school. There's even therapy animals that visit during the lunches! WHS also makes it known to students that participating in clubs, sports, or fine arts is very important. School isn't just about academics, but also about finding what you love to do.
Westborough High School is privileged enough to have a lot of funding for the fine arts programs, and many students participate in them! The music program is very good, and a very close-knit community: I’m friends with almost everyone in the D Wing (music wing) and it’s rare that people don’t know each other! In actual classes, the academics are very rigorous and difficult, but I know it will prepare every student for whatever college they may enter into, from a community college to an Ivy League! There is a LOT of homework, especially with the copious amount of offered AP Classes, but it is manageable (even with many extracurriculars, like music or sports) if you have good time management, but it can definitely be rigorous. Overall, it’s an amazing school and community, and I am really enjoying my time there!
I really think that Westborough High School is a great school overall, since it has a very amicable environment. The teachers are very diverse and come from all walks of life, and provide very rich education, and the students are well prepared for college well before it is time for early action. Furthermore, albeit my lack of involvement in it, the music program here is phenomenal as many of my peers have went to districts and performed very well, which goes lengths to say how great it is. The same can be said about our athletics program. However, I feel that smaller clubs are often left behind, and more energy needs to be invested in them.