Westborough High School is a top rated, public school located in Westborough, MA. It has 1,049 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Westborough High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A248 Students
- A+151 Students
- A+145 Students
- A+112 Students
- A92 Students
- A+77 Students
- A-77 Students
- B75 Students
- A+61 Students
- B+60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Westborough High School
- A+Natick High School
- Natick Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 175 reviews
- A+Algonquin Regional High School
- Public School
- Northborough, MA
- 198 reviews
- AShrewsbury Senior High School
- Shrewsbury Public Schools, MA
- 339 reviews
- A+Wayland High School
- Wayland Public Schools, MA
- 125 reviews
Westborough High School Reviews
Westborough High School is an overall wonderful school with tons of diversity and opportunities for all. The education at Westborough High school is phenomenal and unlike any other high school in the area. Teachers work with the students to make sure they are doing well and are always after school for any necessary assistance. They challenge students to do their best work and to really work their brains. The sports programs are top notch with some of the best coaches around. For instance, Roger Anderson, head volleyball coach, lead the spectacular 2017-2018 varsity team to the state champions in which they earned their spot as #1 in the state. The student athletes at this school are incredibly talented and determined, all while maintaining their grades and working hard at their school work. Westborough High welcomes any and everyone with open arms, making Westborough really feel like home.
I definitely believe that Westborough has one of the most diverse students in the Worcester County, which I find very important in an academic setting because as students, I feel like we should be more integrating of cultures and embracing the differences that we can offer. Over my four years, I believe that the majority of my teachers have been outstanding and always willing to help students, especially with the strong science/math department. Westborough preps students for the future, though I feel like there isn't much of an emphasis on the mental health of students.
Compared to other public schools, there is significantly less bullying and stigma against groups of people at Westborough. In my four years, there have been about 2 fights total that were taken care of by administration immediately. Everyone is very competitive and almost all strive to attend college so there is a large factor of stress in the atmosphere. However, the staff makes sure we know that there are other options for the future as well such as the military and taking a gap year. The education is good and most teachers do a fairly good job covering the curriculum. Westborough is known to score much higher on AP exams than other schools thanks to the rigorous AP classes.