West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South is a top rated, public school located in West Windsor, NJ. It has 1,591 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
346 Clarksville Road
West Windsor, NJ 08550
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A291 Students
- A+183 Students
- A+152 Students
- A+149 Students
- A+143 Students
- A134 Students
- A+122 Students
- A+107 Students
- A+105 Students
- A+100 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 70 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South
- A+West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North
- West Windsor-Plainsboro Regional School District, NJ
- 222 reviews
- A+Princeton High School
- Princeton Public Schools, NJ
- 277 reviews
- A+Montgomery High School
- Montgomery Township School District, NJ
- 344 reviews
- APennsbury High School
- Pennsbury School District, PA
- 567 reviews
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South Reviews
West-Windsor Plainsboro High school South has excellent opportunities and activities for all students to partake in. The students have a wide range of interests, and I find that there are after school clubs to represent all of them. It is very easy to get connected with different people, even freshmen getting to know seniors, because certain classes have mixed grades, and all the offered activities build relationships. The academics are very good, with the teachers making honors classes very challenging and rigorous. The student body is very self-aware when it comes to academics, as everyone strives for good grades. The facilities could be improved upon, a few renovations to the school could improve the school environment.
It's really just eh. I spent four years here and after consideration, I feel most of my profound hs experiences happened outside South at precollege, in independent classes, and volunteering. The competitive atmosphere is something that is heavy at South, as shown by other reviews. While I've tried to distance, as a non STEM student I have second guessed my career, and opportunities provided within South only cater to the very top. Some friends, smart but unadjusted to sdized testing, have fallen out over jealousy, and it’s upsetting how fallings out over academic competition are common and even “normal”. Facilities are poor, but resources at South are still pretty great compared to area schools, so I'm pretty grateful for them. The best part of South are probably the faculty. Public hs is always a "what you get" situation, and you just have to make do. My one tip for any student is to seek opportunity elsewhere. Talk to your teachers about outside programs and work your ass off.
As a current sophomore at WW-P High School South, I genuinely believe the school is one of the best in the country. With outstanding academics, numerous clubs and organizations, and exceptional athletics, High School South exceeds in nearly every capacity. However, due to the rigorous curriculum, students at this school often experience academic pressure to succeed, and college admissions competition is cutthroat.