West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North
- Plainsboro, NJ
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North is a top rated, public school located in Plainsboro, NJ. It has 1,463 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A475 Students
- grade A+279 Students
- grade A+189 Students
- grade A+182 Students
- grade A+174 Students
- grade A minus172 Students
- grade A+168 Students
- grade B+161 Students
- grade A+138 Students
- grade A minus135 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 64 responses
- Prep rallies and spirit week30%
- Athletic events23%
- Club related events13%
- Pep rallies6%
- Spirit Week5%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,302 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 42 responses
Schools like West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North
- grade A+West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South
- West Windsor-Plainsboro Regional School District, NJ
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 305 reviews
- grade A+Montgomery High School
- Montgomery Township School District, NJ
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 395 reviews
- grade A+Princeton High School
- Princeton Public Schools, NJ
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 319 reviews
- grade APennsbury High School
- Pennsbury School District, PA
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 618 reviews
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North Reviews
Rating 3.69 out of 5 264 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
High School North is an amazing school with wonderful facilities and education that prepares students for college. I love the students and resources here, however, there is a lot competition amongst students, making it a competitive environment. Some teachers want you to succeed, but others give you a hard time and don't want to put more effort in helping you learn. The food here is average and the sport teams are really good for individual sports, whereas team sports are not as good. This school has amazing culture and diversity, but there is always room for more diversity. One of the things I would like to see improved is the teachers themselves as some teachers put effort in teaching you, but others just expect you to know everything and you just end up learning the whole course on your own. To conclude, I completely recommend this school to anyone who isn't shy of working hard and putting in effort, because this school will prepare you for college and is full of great resources!
West Windsor Plainsboro High School North is a school that pushes you to reach your academic best. With college level curriculum in all classes other than APs, we are constantly faced with difficulties that we must overcome. Even though the classes may be hard, I know the transition to college will be a lot easier for me than for some other school districts! The reason it gets a four is the disgusting bathrooms and the heating issue in the front corridor where every room is upwards of 80 degrees even in the warm months!
I been at High School North since my freshmen year and I can honestly say that it's the best school that I have ever attended and I have changed 9 schools already! This school makes their students their first priority and provides them with many opportunities. Additionally, HSN has a reputation for holding a high standard in academics and sports. It is a place full of diversity and full of hope. there is always someone there to help/support you through anything.