West Wendover High School is a public school located in Wendover, NV. It has 314 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
West Wendover High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+57 Students
- B48 Students
- C45 Students
- A39 Students
- B33 Students
- B+32 Students
- C+31 Students
- C-26 Students
- B-20 Students
- C19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
West Wendover High School Reviews
While the school is better than a lot of others, it still lacks qualities that make it exceptional. The campus is filled with about three hundred students mostly from white and Mexican decent. Like a lot of other schools, it depends on the kids who you hang out with that'll help you progress or fall behind. They are not the most mannerly students but some have utmost talent like taking State in sports or clubs. Teachers are helpful and care for the students as they hope to see them have a successful future but some have very little patience. This could be difficult for students and parents, but they are willing to stay after school or show up before school. Sports are a big deal for students that show an interest and clubs help provide students an activity to do. The lunch has improved over the past four years attending this school and the cooks very much enjoy listening to a review. Children's safety is a top priority for this school. This school does provide an educating basis.
What i like about this school is that everyone knows everyone. It can be a good thing but also a bad thing. Everyone is somehow related and that's how most friend groups begin. Being from a small town like West Wendover, not a lot of people are rude to each other. When you walk the halls, you rarely see people talking bad about others. You see the smile on their faces and like they are excited to be at school. I also like how the teachers don't have there " Favorite" students. But if they did, they never show it. Here everyone is treated the same, and i will be so sad to leave this upcoming year.
What did I like about this school? Well I liked that many teachers wanted to help you, I like that the school was tiny so it was easy to find rooms, students, teachers, etc. What I didn't like about this school was all the testing. My grade (class of 2018) were like gerbils, we tested every test before we actually made it an actual test that had to be passed. Other than that, the school has some amazing teachers and an overall amazing staff.