Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
West Warwick High School is an above average, public school located in West Warwick, RI. It has 962 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
West Warwick High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B217 Students
- B-127 Students
- B-68 Students
- A-59 Students
- C48 Students
- A+47 Students
- B+44 Students
- B44 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like West Warwick High School
- B-East Providence High School
- East Providence School District, RI
- 275 reviews
- C+Pilgrim High School
- Warwick Public Schools, RI
- 230 reviews
- CCharles E. Shea High School
- Pawtucket School District, RI
- 138 reviews
- B-Coventry High School
- Coventry Public Schools, RI
- 248 reviews
West Warwick High School Reviews
West Warwick High School is a very well, built school, for the most part. It offers a wide spread of courses you can take during the year, for example calculus, foreign languages, and industrial technology. The learning environment is very good and the teachers are always willing to stay after or come in early to help their students as best they can. It is not a very cultured or diverse school, but they do try to accommodate and welcome everyone the best they could. Overall, I would suggest to others that they send their children to West Warwick High School because it has amazing academic and athletic programs for after school activities. Also, because they always push their students to do the best they can.
The school offers many oppurtunities that are often looked over by the students. The administraters advocate self-care and allow student. Students who enroll in honors classes have gotten into Ivy League schools, so the success rate depends on the student and their families.
Overall, I have only had good experiences at my high school. My teachers are fantastic, and I feel that the staff really do care about the students of the school. My school is, unfortunately, mainly white people, though. But, many of my teachers readily make an effort to fill those gaps, which I appreciate. One activity in particular that I would like to compliment is the drama club; it is fantastic.