Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
West Texas High School is an above average, public school located in Stinnett, TX. It has 206 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
West Texas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B68 Students
- A-41 Students
- C+36 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+28 Students
- B25 Students
- B+24 Students
- A19 Students
- A16 Students
- B+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
West Texas High School Reviews
I was very involved throughout my time there and, for the most part, the teachers were great! There was always a teacher willing to help with whatever a student needed. The teachers that I had were very involved in helping students succeed in the classroom and out of it.
West Texas High School is definitely one of the best high schools in the panhandle. The students get along well, and teachers and other staff members put students first. Academics at West Texas High are great and the sports programs are wonderful. I have played every sport there is to offer in the girls sports program, the coaches push you to be better in sports, the classroom, and even to be a better person. The faculty just pushes every student to be better and want more in life. I would never in a million years want to go to another high school. I recommend attending or even add your kids to the West Texas High School family.
Throughout the years at West Texas High School, I have experienced many ups and downs academically and just in general. The school offers many UIL events, yet I wish they would be more open about announcing them so that all students are aware of what they can participate in. I also wish that they would hire a new librarian that knows the books and how to help others when it comes to finding something to read. I noticed that the school spends a lot of money on the facility yet I believe that some of the money should be used for others academic purposes.