West Stokes High School is a public school located in King, NC. It has 901 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
West Stokes High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-110 Students
- A+99 Students
- B+96 Students
- A+81 Students
- B77 Students
- B+72 Students
- B+70 Students
- B68 Students
- C+66 Students
- A+51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
West Stokes High School Reviews
I like that there are not really any bullies in this school, I have never personally seen anyone be bullied. I think the cafeteria is mediocre but I think the amount of time provided for lunch should be a little longer. Most teachers seem to actually care about the students they have. The guidance office aside from the FTCC person is pretty inept, they have been no help in figuring out how to apply for college or get scholarships. The equipment in the school is fairly new and the technology classes have brand new 3D printers and oculus rifts that are used for educational purposes, that is pretty cool. The sports are good but the head football coach named Upchurch is terrible and causes other kids to quit just because football cannot be first in everyone's lives. Overall I think it is a good school to attend.
West Stokes High School is a great school. The teachers are very knowledgeable, caring and in tune with the students needs. The sports programs are awesome. I played football all 4 years. The time I spent on the field with my coaches and teammates, created a family atmosphere. If you have young children and are looking for a great area to raise your family - Stokes County (King, NC) is ideal, the high school will be the best experience for your children.
Both the administration and the teachers here care to make genuine connections with all of their students. Small class sizes, especially in honors courses, make this possible. However, the lack of AP courses offered puts students at a slight disadvantage due to other schools have a multitude of these courses being offered to them from the start of their academic career.