West Seneca West Senior High School is an above average, public school located in West Seneca, NY. It has 1,231 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
West Seneca West Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-156 Students
- C+94 Students
- C+77 Students
- B76 Students
- B-63 Students
- B-51 Students
- B-43 Students
- B-39 Students
- B38 Students
- A34 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like West Seneca West Senior High School
- B+West Seneca East Senior High School
- West Seneca Central School District, NY
- 118 reviews
- A-Grand Island Senior High School
- Grand Island Central School District, NY
- 37 reviews
- BFrontier Senior High School
- Frontier Central School District, NY
- 101 reviews
- BDepew High School
- Depew Union Free School District, NY
- 63 reviews
West Seneca West Senior High School Reviews
My experience with West Seneca West Senior High School was satisfactory. There are many opportunities for students to get involved and express themselves. All of my teachers were great, but a few of them really went above and beyond your general expectations of an educator. Not only did they care about our understanding of the subject, but they cared about our well-being outside of the classroom as well. Overall West Senior is a great school and I am excited for my younger brother to attend in a few years!
I think my high school is as decent as it gets for a public school. There are some really great teachers there who are willing to help you and see you succeed. Although I do feel my school overly appreciates the students on sports team. Constantly letting them off the hook on certain circumstances, where if it were just a regular student they would not. I also feel that our student services staff doesn't care as much as they should, I've went to them with my own problems before feeling as though they did not care and gave me no help. Besides all of that I feel as though the students are pretty understanding of everyone, personally I've never experienced or felt that students were bullying anyone. I know it does happen sometimes but I feel as though the students at my school are above bullying and keep their comments to themselves. I believe some students are willing to help others more than some of the teachers here.
One big family! The teachers go above and beyond to make sure all the students to have the best education before they graduate. There is many different things students can get involved in from clubs to sports. The musicals are amazing to watch a lot of hard work and dedication goes into them. My time at West help shape my future and I will always remember the 4 years I was there.