Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
West Seneca East Senior High School is an above average, public school located in West Seneca, NY. It has 843 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
West Seneca East Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus124 Students
- grade C+77 Students
- grade B minus58 Students
- grade B minus51 Students
- grade C+49 Students
- grade B minus40 Students
- grade B38 Students
- grade B37 Students
- grade B36 Students
- grade B minus35 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responses
- Volunteer Events7%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,503 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 19 responses
Schools like West Seneca East Senior High School
- grade BWest Seneca West Senior High School
- West Seneca Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 152 reviews
- grade AGrand Island Senior High School
- Grand Island Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.83 out of 5 41 reviews
- grade BFrontier Senior High School
- Frontier Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.41 out of 5 104 reviews
- grade B+Depew High School
- Depew Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 66 reviews
West Seneca East Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.83 out of 5 122 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I love west seneca east. I am currently a senior at the school and my overall experience has been so amazing! Everyone that goes here including teachers are absolutely amazing. Our sports teams may not be the best but being an athlete it has made me realize how grateful I am for the relationships I have made. The academics are not comparable, if I have any trouble in my classes all of my teachers are willing to help to improve my knowledge. Even if it isn’t for the same class, every teacher in the school is willing to help. Some people think the rules in the school are strict but I feel that the principles do this to keep us as safe as possible. There is no place I would rather be, and I am not excited to leave it.
I've genuinely found success and happiness during my four years at West Seneca East. It is certainly a wonderful community and has a family element to it, between the teachers, students, and rest of staff. The music program is excellent, having an Orchestra, Band, Chamber Chorus, Jazz Band, Drama Club, and more. Academically, the Academy Program is a rare opportunity for high school students to jumpstart their careers in healthcare, engineering, business, art, or digital media. I believe that the Life Science Academy has enriched my high school experience with specialized classes, internships, etc. as I continue my path to become a Physician Assistant. The teachers are a key factor in everyone's success in the school, as they are caring, supportive, understanding, motivating, helpful, and compassionate.
As someone incredibly involved, playing varsity sports, being involved in the school's musicals, and a wide variety of clubs, of which I held leadership positions, it was incredible at allowing me, and others, to diversify their interests. The counselors were not helpful for those striving beyond state schools or local community colleges whatsoever, often discouraging me and my peers from looking beyond Buffalo, NY and the surrounding areas. This made my application process to a number of Ivy League schools and other top 50 universities difficult.