West Seattle High School is a highly rated, public school located in Seattle, WA. It has 992 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
West Seattle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+301 Students
- A164 Students
- A-147 Students
- B+130 Students
- B+81 Students
- B-66 Students
- A-62 Students
- C+57 Students
- B-53 Students
- A-53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
West Seattle High School Reviews
I've had a great experience attending West Seattle High School. Coming from such a small community in my previous school, I was welcomed in my new city with open arms. The staff at West Seattle are all very kind and truly care about all the students. If a student was failing a class, or showed signs of needed help, the teachers and faculty members would be right on it to make sure that the student succeeds in their journey through high school. Along with all those benefits, the school sports is very active and encouraging. All the sports events are filled with excitement and fun!
West Seattle high school is full of teachers who are dedicated in putting all their efforts into dedicating greatness into their student's lives. They make sure you are on track with what you need to do whether that's passing exams, turning in homework, or making new friends in the communities. One thing that I enjoyed from west Seattle was the people in that area, West Seattle high has been around for a long time so they are the soul of the community they serve. West Seattle high host's many events which makes it opened to meet new people in the community, with extracurricular activities, sporting events, open libraries, and clubs. Something I wished West Seattle high did more of was club meetings, I feel as if they're wasn't enough meetings for the clubs to be more creative with ideas, and further progress in success.
I transferred from Kennedy Catholic High School to West Seattle for my junior year and I can honestly say that I am having a much better experience here. Most of the teachers are really great and very nice. I’ve been able to make a solid group of friends after being here a year and a half. I love all of the unique programs/activities they offer such as girl’s bowling, baking, ceramics, etc.