Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
West Seattle High School is a highly rated, public school located in Seattle, WA. It has 1,029 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
West Seattle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+335 Students
- A172 Students
- A-154 Students
- B+144 Students
- B+87 Students
- B-73 Students
- A-69 Students
- A-62 Students
- B-57 Students
- C+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
West Seattle High School Reviews
A great school with lots of available and ready resources to help students strive in school. The school takes a lot of action to help students have a safe and learning ready environment, a good example exists as the COVID-19 outbreak leading to sanitization of the school and currently a shutdown until April 24. Many of the teachers make strong connections with their students, which is challenging as there's 1,300+ students that currently attend West Seattle High School. The school offers plenty of clubs and extracurricular activities open to all. An accepting school that cares for its students, West Seattle High School strives to give their students an education they deserve.
I've had a great experience attending West Seattle High School. Coming from such a small community in my previous school, I was welcomed in my new city with open arms. The staff at West Seattle are all very kind and truly care about all the students. If a student was failing a class, or showed signs of needed help, the teachers and faculty members would be right on it to make sure that the student succeeds in their journey through high school. Along with all those benefits, the school sports is very active and encouraging. All the sports events are filled with excitement and fun!
At West Seattle High School I made many new friendships and had some amazing teachers, especially in the History Department, but it seems that many of my classmates had different feelings about this school. I made some great memories at this school and a few mistakes, but in all I'm glad i went to West Seattle and didn't waste my parents money at a private institution.