Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
West Roxbury Academy is a public, magnet school located in West Roxbury, MA. It has 408 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
West Roxbury Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B63 Students
- A+38 Students
- A38 Students
- B-34 Students
- A+31 Students
- B23 Students
- A+22 Students
- C+22 Students
- B+22 Students
- C+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
West Roxbury Academy Reviews
I like how the new staff treated their students, they were much more involved in activities and cared for their students education much more than the current staff. Something i would change is the whole administrative system, i was in student government and we were never able to hold events or they would end up in chaos because the administration would not give us the opportunity to take the lead on any event or celebration.
West Roxbury Academy was an excellent school to attend. The teachers were attentive and caring to every students needs. I enjoyed spending time on the track team. I make some friendships and I truly cherish. West Roxbury Academy is a school I'd send my children. One thing I'd like to see change, increase the heat during the winter.
I moved to west Roxbury academy to do the twelfth grade and the experience was amazing. the teachers were patient and took time to work one-on-one with students to ensure they got a particular topic before they moved on. Also most of the students at the institution were very friendly and receptive and as a result in a matter of weeks i felt immedately at home in the school, clubs were easy to find and the club members are the greatest. Most students were respectful but the one drawback i could possibly find about this institution is that some of the students need to pay more attention to the value of their teachers and respecting them, so less disrespect fromthe few who do.