West Point High School is a highly rated, public school located in West Point, VA. It has 266 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
West Point High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+49 Students
- A40 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+30 Students
- B25 Students
- A-23 Students
- A-23 Students
- A+20 Students
- B18 Students
- B-14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like West Point High School
- BNew Kent High School
- New Kent County Public Schools, VA
- 143 reviews
- B+Lafayette High School
- Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools, VA
- 138 reviews
- B-Middlesex High School
- Middlesex County Public Schools, VA
- 68 reviews
- CCentral High School
- King & Queen County Public Schools, VA
- 15 reviews
West Point High School Reviews
The education a student receives is beyond outstanding. Only con to this school is the small town 'who you know, will help you out' clique amongst staff/parents/students. If you are able to concentrate on your education and not get caught up with the social cliques, well worth attending this school. Sports teams are decent, but small range of sports offered due to small school size. Nice to see music, band, art, drama still being offered. Definitely a wide range of dual enrollment courses offered, so you can graduate with an Associate's Degree at the same time as a High School diploma.
My experience at West Point High School did not prepare me for what was to come in college. West Point High School was an extremely small school where everyone knew each other. The fact that everyone knew each other was nice because bullying rates were very low because everyone had each others' backs. However, I would like for the school to be more diverse and grow a bigger student population to get people ready for the very much needed social skills that are to come in college.
Extracurricular activities include sports (Football, Basketball, Baseball,Track & Field, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, Tennis, Field Hockey) band, chorus, drama, honor society, FBLA and many others. The level of commitment throughout the school is high when it comes to extracurricular activities. Admin and parental/community support is always amazing!