West Point High School is an above average, public school located in Cullman, AL. It has 590 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
West Point High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-96 Students
- B+63 Students
- A51 Students
- A50 Students
- A-42 Students
- A34 Students
- B34 Students
- B26 Students
- A-21 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
West Point High School Reviews
West Point High School has provided a great experience for me! I have learned the academics, worked in the student athletic training program, served in the Student Government Association, and made wonderful friends. After high school, I feel that I will be ready to pursue the path that God has for me!
I have learned a lot both good and bad at this school. Ignorance, racism, and favoritism run rampant at times but there are also good teachers and friends to be had. This is a good lesson for all of those heading out into the real world I suppose. Many people who go to this school will never leave this town so they can stay with this mentality but for anyone considering leaving the perimeters they may be in for a severe culture shock. Although there are negatives there are upsides to going to a school like this; school pride is like nothing I’ve ever seen before and it’s one of the few things I may miss about this place when I leave.
West Point High School is a fanatastic school. I have had the opportunity to take AP classes my junior and senior year. These classes have prepared me for college. WPHS offers varsity sports in the traditional school setting. While we are the largest high school in our county, it is still small enough that the teachers know you and care for you. i am not sure what I would tell you that I would change about my school. I have enjoyed my four years, but am looking forward to my next step. We have a motto, once a Warrior, always a warrior. #webleedmarron.