Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
West Platte High School is an above average, public school located in Weston, MO. It has 286 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
West Platte High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-63 Students
- B57 Students
- B43 Students
- C39 Students
- B+32 Students
- A31 Students
- B-30 Students
- A-16 Students
- B+15 Students
- NG14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responses
- Sporting events24%
- Hometown parades20%
- Veterans Day Assembly20%
- Dodgeball Tournament before winter break16%
- Pep Assemblies16%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like West Platte High School
- BNorth Platte High School
- North Platte County R-I School District, MO
- 79 reviews
- BMid-Buchanan Senior High School
- Mid-Buchanan County R-V School District, MO
- 122 reviews
- BPlatte County High School
- Platte County R-III School District, MO
- 187 reviews
- B+Lansing High School
- Lansing Unified School District, KS
- 268 reviews
West Platte High School Reviews
West Platte is rich with resources and opportunity. The largest problem that the school has are its policies and their enforcement. For example, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, students are not allowed to congregate in the halls nor anywhere else on school property. However, this rule is rarely enforced. Aside from this, the school is very good and attending has been one of the best experiences of my life.
The school is overall very good. Good things include small class sizes, great facilities, and high quality staff. Bad things include a lack of course variety and specialization.
This is one of those schools where you walk in and everyone knows your name. It's a very close-knit school and all of the students here work together to make the rocky road of high school a little bit easier. You can walk down the hallway here and know that at least 2, or even 3 teachers will say hi or ask you how you are doing. The teachers here are very helpful and bring out the very best in their students. Every department in our school has its own uniqueness and is top notch in its field.