West Plains Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in West Plains, MO. It has 1,091 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
West Plains Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+106 Students
- A86 Students
- C+85 Students
- B29 Students
- A-27 Students
- A27 Students
- B25 Students
- A25 Students
- C24 Students
- B+22 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
West Plains Senior High School Reviews
I loved my experience at WPHS! It had a wide array of extracurricular activities, and I loved my time in the ones I participated in. There are also a lot of academic clubs and organizations. The teachers and school district staff are excellent. I am proud to be a Zizzer.
I enjoyed my time at West Plains High School! Many of the teacher do care about the students and even the principle does, I wish there was more clubs and it was easier to start your own. I also wish that the school would bring more attention to clubs instead of just sports team. Our school spirit is great and rivals every other school around.
I’ve been to two different high schools, two middle, and three elementary throughout my K-12, and this is the best school I’ve been to. I am involved in theatre and speech and debate here and they are both excellent programs that provide a lot of opportunities. I also take part in their dual enrollment program and it is amazing. The high school provides its students with many opportunities I never thought I would have. Most of the teachers are friendly, knowing how to teach and how to connect and care for the students. This school is top 25 in Missouri for a reason.